Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappieday

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappieday

Crappieday
    I bought and received several spoons from you [tiny little devils] spoons smaller than I have ever seen. I been real busy and haven’t had time to try them. I know they will catch fish because you say they will and also several people on this board testify to that. My question [1] what do they weigh? [2] What do use to fish them [tackle]? [3] Please explain in detail how to fish them. [4] Are they good for the winter months and especially around boat houses? To be up-front and honest they are so small I just don’t have much faith in them.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use light line and add a small splitshot a foot above the spoon for a little more weight. I slow troll over brush with my spoons. You'll have faith in them when you start seeing how well they hold the fish. Here's a picture of a slab with a spoon in his mouth.

and another one

notice where the spoon hooks the fish. and they'll hold em too.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks chaunc for the reply and infromation. but the spoons i received and thats looking at your picture are not near that large. yours looks like 2 inches long and mine are not over 3/4

Post Thanks / Like

Hi westsam, the ons you see that chaunc has in the pic is the same as yours other than a larger hook. The small spoon is in the 1/64 weight, I use a ultra light rod with 4 lbs test. you can add a spilt shot above if you need to. dont let the small size fool ya, you can catch a big fish on a small hook just fine. If you will look on my home page you will see that big cat that crappiequeennc caught, I think it was caught on the small spoon, and in my pictures is another that chaunc caught and it to was on a small green spoon

Name:  chaunc cat.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  81.3 KB
    Name:  cat 001.JPG
Views: 311
Size:  141.6 KB
    Name:  cq7.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  77.3 KB
    Name:  cq 3.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  68.2 KB
    Last edited by guest01; 12-17-2006 at 08:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Westsam, 90 % of the fish we catch are on the small spoons..I just seem to like those better...I have caught fish from the large spoons too. But for myself, I just like the small ones...Am I going to tell you that I've never missed a fish while fishing with the spoons. No, if I did I would be lying to you....But I have also missed fish with just a hook and minnow...If you try them out I know you will love them too. And they will always be in your arsenal of fishing tackle...I don't add a split shot to mine..I like the slow fall of the spoon...I fish docks,boats houses, and brush...I like to fish the boat houses, and docks that's in deep water...At least 30 foot...I use an ultra-lite rod & reel combo, with 4 lb. line...I start out fishing (jigging) the spoon deep...Then I just work my way up until I find the fish..Sometimes I tip the spoon with a minnow or a crappie nibble. But sometimes I just leave it as is..I've caught fish either way...You ask id they work in the Winter time..Yes, they do..As the old saying goes..The proof is in the puddin...:D