Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody own or have fished out of Tracker V18 all fish, same hull as V18 bass

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anybody own or have fished out of Tracker V18 all fish, same hull as V18 bass

I'm needing to upgrade boats and am looking at a V18 All Fish by Bass Tracker. Currently I'm fishing out of a sea nymph 175 which although is as long as a bass tracker pro crappie 175 isn't nearly as heavy or stable and has the high platforms for bass fishing, so when I or one of my fishing buddies moves the boat rocks like it's in 2 foot wakes. I was thinking older Ranger but I came across this All Fish and it looks like it might be pretty stable at 1140 lbs and a 90hp mercury. All opinions good bad or in between will be appreciated if you've been around one or something similar. It has the same hull as the V18 TX bass boat made by Tracker with just an open floor plan basically and lower front deck.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I've fished with a friend who has one. Fishes good, fairly stable on plane, can be a real wet ride if the wind is quartering right, but then, what boat isn't on a particular quartering wind. I don't know how the one you are looking at is contented, but my buddies upholstery gave up the ghost rather quickly. Apparently they used poly/cotton thread as the stitching failed and the seats became unsewn in short order. The retro will be about $1000 factory (he won't do that again), $800 aftermarket, $600 upholstery shop. I noticed that both must fish while standing in the middle of this boat or there in significant keeling over even if one is slightly to one side, quite tiring in a day of fishing. Pay the owner to take you fishing and try it out.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2007 Allfish with the 90 HP Mercury 2 stroke. I bought it used about 3 years ago. I replaced the stock 42# Motorguide with a 80# Terrova with iPilot and put Hitek rod racks front and rear. I also put in 2 more seat bases on the front deck for spider rigging or single poling.
    The boat gets on plane easily and runs 41MPH when trimmed out. While I can't say I think the carpet is the greatest I haven't had any problems with it or the seats. I do keep the boat garaged except when I'm not fishing out of it.
    My wife fishes with me some and she feels a lot safer being able to sit down in the boat instead of being up on a deck level with the gunnel of the boat and my knees appreciate the lower front deck when getting on and off of it.
    The boat has front and rear live wells but really doesn't have a lot of room in the storage compartments. I'm thinking about using the rear livewell for extra storage. The rod box will hold 7' rods easily.
    I'm not one to fish in a hurricane but I've been in some pretty rough water on Kentucky Lake and Ive never felt unsafe in it.
    For what I need in a fishing boat this one has worked well for me. If you have any specific questions I'll try to answer them.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, honestly I was looking for something that would be very stable while fishing. I often have 1 or 2 200-250lb guys with me and them walking around gets me rather grumpy with my boat tilting so much with them moving (I have a very bad back). So, maybe this isn't the boat for me. I was really hoping this big wide aluminum would be really stable like a fiberglass boat, but I really knew better. I thought I'd better check with people who fished out of them before making the drive to look at it. Thank you TonyKarter for that info that was exactly what I was wanting to know.

Post Thanks / Like

It wouldn't be such an issue but I've got a bad back and all the boat movement makes fishing miserable for me. Thanks for the replies. I guess I'd better go back to looking at old Rangers or something as stable but honestly I haven't fished out of a lot of fiberglass other than a few old rangers and If anyone has an idea of a similar type fiberglass that would be as stable I would appreciate that too to help my search as my funds are limited.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking for same thing and was afraid the boat wouldn't be steady enough either. Is there a ranger that has open floor plan like the tracker?
    War Eagle 1754RG Side pulling. Kansas bow hunter.
    Booners & Bands Lodge.
    All men die few ever really live.

Post Thanks / Like

Idk price but this is pic of drill instructor boat and its 19'6 long stratos exactly what I want. 115hp be perfect
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    War Eagle 1754RG Side pulling. Kansas bow hunter.
    Booners & Bands Lodge.
    All men die few ever really live.
    Likes jimmyfreeland LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That is the type of boat that I would like to have, but they are hard to find unless you want to drive to Michigan or Wisconsin, and all fiberglass boats built like that seem to run a lot higher than the older 300 or 400 series rangers. I guess they are built heavier for the great lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

there are similar boats built for Walleye and Muskie fishing 680 I believe is one number of older boat. 618, 619 I think are two others that sometimes can be bought reasonably. There is one now listed on Craigs list, a 1997 model for 13,500 but that is quite a bit more than I am going to spend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast