Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: why does it cost more

Post Thanks / Like

Question why does it cost more

just wondering why most products cost more from the manufacture than from retail places. ifthey want to discourage buying from them then why do they even sell to the public.

Post Thanks / Like

The manufacturers usually have an obligation not to undercut their retailers price, otherwise the retailer would quit buying their product to resell. So, the manufacturers charge full retail, while the retailers are free to discount the product. In these cases, the manufacturer is providing a place to get his product when you can't find it locally. Sometimes you can get a discount from the manufacturer if there are no retailers in your area.

Post Thanks / Like

I worked for Savant Mfg. before it was big enough to be called Stong Made, he is the one that makes a big majority of the accessories for atv's all over the country, the shop is about 17 miles from my house and he charges more to the public also, its like PD said, caint undercut the retailers. But I have seen it years ago where cash money without a reciept would get you alot better price than the dealerships...lol..... and i think its a convenience thing too, some retailers may not ship and it saves you the trip to the store to buy it, just cost you a little more.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Business Ethics

Like PD says, you don't want to cut your throat by underselling your dealers.

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN MY POLICY TO REFER AN INQUIRY TO ONE OF OUR DEALERS if they contact one of our employees trying to buy a boat. If one of our employees is caught buying a boat and re-selling it for the purpose of helping a buddy out, he can be dismissed.

If your operation is dealer based, you have an obligation to protect them.

KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

just put youself in their position . i am a buisness man and i can understand that . if one of my suppliers sell to some one that isent in the buisness i would quit buying frome them . they are whosale and that is the way it should be .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I have ask Mfg's before about this and what these guys are saying is true. If the Mfg sells for the same or less than the retail guy they will not carry the product.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!