Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: War Eagle Predator 861

Post Thanks / Like

Default War Eagle Predator 861

Looking for a good used boat. Any opinion on this boat. Looks nice to me. Also looking at Xpress H18/H20. Really want a 4 stroke.

Post Thanks / Like

Both are good rigs, I went with the Lowe Stinger 175 . It to has 3 pedestal bases up front. Two adults can fish up front with no issues. It rides good I have a 2 stroke 75 hp Merc on mine it tops out at 40-42 mph It may run faster with a 70 hp Yamaha 4 stroke as the 75 is the same size as a 115 . I looked at the Predator but the price was to steep for me. If you want more than a 75 hp you'll have to go to a Stinger 195 they are rated for 115 . I went with the 175 as the lake I fish has a 75 hp limit and I wanted to be at max hp. That's my 2 cents, The 17 ft G3 is also a good rig and under rated same side by side set up . Take your tape measure and your largest fishing buddy and check them all out. Good luck and good fishing

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't go wrong with either boat. I think the 861 is rated for a 115 hp. Get them to put a B&m trailer with a walkabout under it. My 860 will runs 38mph with a Yamaha 4 stroke 70 on it. A 90 on the 861 will run about the same. The 861 weighs more than the 860. It's beefed up a little more.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Out of the ones mentioned I only have first hand experience with the 861. I looked at a lot of boats and decided I liked the layout of the 861 best. I was patient and just kept looking for a used one close enough for a trip to look at it and maybe get it. I have a friend that had one with a 90. It did fine, however, I recommend the 115 for best performance. My Yammy 115 4 stroke does 44-45 GPS with two and gear. We have worked on the SS prop to obtain correct rpm with max speed. And too, I have more stuff on mine than the average. It has a compartment on both sides in the back just behind the seats. I use one for a cooler and the other for a tool box, works great. It has a large livewell in the rear between those boxes which I use for storage. I long for the day I overfill the livewell in the front. Which, by the way is extremely convenient to me. Storage under the seats, up front and the rod box, plenty..
    Now, if I were buying a new one, I would go to the factory, not that far from you, and have a couple things changed. I did them myself, not an easy job after the fact. The easy one is add a re-circulating pump in the minnow well, I don't use lake water for that. The other is the biggie. Looking at the front, those sides that take up so much of the floor space had to go. They are totally unnecessary and can actually save the factory money to remove them and just come out 3 inches and down to the floor, gains a foot and half easy. In doing that the to side seat bases need to be move further apart and back a couple inches. Now, two can fish up front with plenty of room and comfort. Draw back to that, you loose the ability to store poles in the rod locker. No big deal for me as I don't use that feature anyway.
    Good luck and look till you find the one you are looking for. Mine is not for sale.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    **** Click my Logo for products and ordering info****
    Likes Cane Pole, Buckie02 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

War Eagles are hard to beat.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the war eagle. Great boat and great ride. Have a 90 Honda and it hits 39-40. I special ordered mine. 3 pedestal bases across the front and back. That's the way to geaux!

Post Thanks / Like

Them War Eagles are tuff.