Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Newbie Question

mroe Guest

Default Newbie Question

We have a few lakes her in Arizona that have Crappie. I assume you fish for them here as you would anywhere else. I had a friend tell me that he uses little small tube jigs and adds either a whole or half of a minnow on, and fishes that way. I want to try it. So is that how it's normally done, or should I just use the small jig empty, I read on this forurn that you just let the lure slowly drift down through them and they'll take it. The other question I have is how do you troll for them. If they are down deep, what do you use to keep the lure down? Thanks for any advise.

Post Thanks / Like

ive heard of the whole minnow on the jig but not the half but that may be ok. theres an artical on trolling in the artical section of this site never really done it myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Mroe,

Let the fish tell you what they want. If they want a jig with a minnow they'll let you know, they'll even tell you what color tubes to use too. It's hard to get them to talk sometime though. J/K

Where do you fish in Az.? Roosevelt?
    Last edited by crappiencali; 12-16-2006 at 09:19 PM.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave