Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You never know who'll you'll meet????

Post Thanks / Like

Default You never know who'll you'll meet????

First of this week we where Duck Hunting, Amanda (my daughter) and I in walnut ridge Ark. and as our custom we take one afternoon and run to Missouri to Grizzly Jig Company. We've done this every year that we've come to Arkansas to duck hunt and stock up on our supplies' we need for our crappie fishing trips. This year we got there on Tuesday afternoon was in the store about 15mins. already pick up some 14' rods and reels, 2 matching boat seats, and was starting down the long row of Jig bodies when I look over in the store and saw someone who look familiar was sure at the time if it was the person I thought is was or not so I ask the person who was helping me if it was Wally Marshall or not. So Lance M. the person helping us ask if we'd like to meet him. Folks I can't take the time to tell you how impressed I was with How Wally came over and talked let Amanda get a picture and the sincerity we felt from talking with him it wasn't a hey you all crappie fish too? type conversation but he really took of his time @ 20mins and just talked fishing like he knew us all his life.

I've been able over the years to meet many So called PRO's, and some where really PRO's in the fishing world But for what Wally did for us lets just say Amanda is still Grinning from being able to talk the Mr. Crappie. Hope I get to meet him again one day.

Eddy aka... Stumpjumper.
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Wally is a great guy, I have never met him but I have texted with him several times.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Kingfish1 LIKED above post

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Me, my wife, and another couple were at Grizzley Jig last early spring show and saw Walley. The wife of my friend told him she wanted a cap like he had on and he said he would try to come up with one. We bought some supplies, took in a seminar or two and was headed out the door. Someone behind us called her name. We stopped, looked back, and it was Walley with her cap. We all four were very surprised. Those people are so busy that they don't even remember who they talked to, but he did. He is above and beyond for anyone he's rep-ing for.
    Tell'em I'll be there.
    Likes Slab, huntinslabs, "G", SeaRay LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have always heard he was a stand up guy. Sounds like yall confirmed it. Great that he took the time fer sure.
    Likes Kingfish1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wally really is a great guy. Back when I was new to the Crappie Fishing industry, he was one of those guys that would just call up and we'd chat. We'd chat about all sorts of things. A lot about the business, and a lot "not about the business". I learned a lot from him. And additionally I've had some great times fishing with him: http://www.crappie.com/crappie/conte...ks-chickamauga
    He can be very funny as well. Goes out of hi way to make you feel welcome. Can't wait to fish with you again buddy.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes huntinslabs, chaunc, Fish on Line LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I met him in Orlando at Bass Pro about 10 yrs ago. We talked about 15 minutes. Everything in the above posts is true.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wally and I talked and laughed over 30 minutes when he was in Birmingham. I learned a lot from him.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Met Wally at CUSA national championships on Lake Cumberland at pre fish seminar. Really nice guy and easy to talk to about anything crappie and he got plenty of jokes.

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to Wally once on the phone but I didn't take up too much of his time cause I know how busy he is. I would love the opportunity just to sit down and chat with him or better to wet a line with him.
    Lets go soak a line. Pat

Post Thanks / Like

I have texted with him a few times,was very helpful, and have always heard good about him. He is a fisherman's fisherman. If I am buying something in store if there is one with his name/brand that is always the one I will buy.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast