Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help on deciding what bird to add

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help on deciding what bird to add

So last Dec I got a 1199, I put it up front. Now I want to add another unit so I have one at the console.
    I thought I wanted to add a 999 to the console but the more I read the more unsure I get . Maybe I should move the 1199 to the console and put something else up front. I mainly pull/push cranks and spider rig when the crank bite drops off . Any tips or experienced thoughts are welcomed Thanks

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts on this would be to have my largest easiest to read screen at the console and a good DI unit at the console with a screen large enough for DI and mapping. I would prefer the units networked so they could share waypoints. This would be what I would like to try. At the present I have a 998 on the bow and a 798 at the console networked together. With the smaller screen on the 798, I often am switching views by my short cut buttons from the map view to the DI/2d and to the SI. I would think an 1199 at the console and 999 on the bow would work really well. I usually don't use the SI much when I am on the bow, but use it all time when at the console.

Of course a guy could just get a couple 1199s and not worry about what is better where
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Post Thanks / Like

I run a 998 on bow and console network together also have a 597 on bow running through the terrova!!
    Pro Staff:
    Excel Boat (Meatgetter Edition)
    Crappieholic Apparel
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Ozark Rods

Please support these great companies!
    Likes RCC LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We have our 1199 at the console and just bought a 959 to mount on the bow. I really like the larger screen at the console especially with the side imaging. It is a lot easier to see. For us the 900 series was a better fit for the bow, We would have been a little cramped with the larger 1100 series unit. Looking forward to getting the 959 installed and networked with the 1199.
    Good luck!
    Paul -- Team Crappie Stalker
    Likes Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

So what is the advantage of the 959 over the 999. The dedicated di ?

Post Thanks / Like

We can use the universal sonar in the Terrova with the 959. Would have to mount another one to utilize the side imaging if we were using a 999.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Gobob, you are correct dedicated DI on the 959, however no SI. I currently run a 959 at the bow and a 1198 at the console. Had 958 up front but it wouldn't let me use the 360, so I had to replace it.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 798 on the bow and with the motor turning so much I don't use the SI very much.Most of the time I have the DI screen up, while the one on the console is split with si/di. I removed the interlink as I can transfer the waypoints pretty easy and like having the 2 antenna right on top of the corresponding TD's. Best set up for me would be the big SI at the console (999) and the same screen DI (959?) on the bow. All I would need. Link the bow unit with the Terrova would also be cool for the trolling I do.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

guber you dont go fast enough to run SI in the front
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff
    Likes BAMA S LIKED above post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

997CSI on the console and put a HDS10 gen 2 on the troller this spring. Had an 1197 on the troller but since i wasn't using SI up front, replaced it with the Lowrance and plan to move the 1197 to the console this coming spring. It uses the same td as the 997 so all i'll have to do is get a mount setup where it will fit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast