Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My annual flu shot didn't work this year

Post Thanks / Like

Default My annual flu shot didn't work this year

Came down with it last Saturday. In bed all day Sunday (felt guilty blowing a weekend not working). Zero Miller Light, Ann knew I was ill. Went to work yesterday, then to my doctor. Chest x-rays, a nebulizer for my chest congestion and a large steroid shot in the hip. Went home with more steroids, Tamiflu, and an inhaler (all prescriptions). Doctor said it's hard in Louisiana right now, flu shots aren't working because of mutations. If you fellas feel it coming on - go to the doctor immediately. Seems like the older I get, the rougher it seems.

One thing for sure, sipping on the cellos I made makes for a good night sleep.
    Randy Andres

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you knock it out and get better soon Randy
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

RMGeorge is offline Louisiana Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you're feeling bad. Hope it will be a mild case and over soon.
    Proud member of Team Geezer!

The grass withers and the flower fades, but the word of our God shall stand forever.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw a note on news the other night. Said the flue shot we got early won't work on strains that have shown up. Recommended everyone get another shot.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Get well. My daughter got it, too, a while back.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you were wise enuf to go to the doctor.....hope you get better soon.....I had the shot but from what I am hearing they won't know for a while if those shots are effective.....
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Post Thanks / Like

I have never taken a flu shot and never plan to. I know this is a great debate but won't get into that today. I will just say that I have never taken one and it seems that I am ALWAYS healthier than those that do (knock on wood). I do dose up ALOT more on vitamin C when flu season get here.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Bottle of Bourbon always works for me. Or at least I think it does, afters its half gone, so am I and I dont feel sick, just sleep it off and when I wake up, all is well other than my eyes want to stay closed.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you Dwayne. I've never had one even though my doctor wants me too. I had a bad case of flu when I was 12 years and never did since. Perhaps I have flu antibodies or something, but what ever the case I don't plan to get a shot.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!
    Likes shadow LIKED above post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the shot once in 1974 . Uncle Sam made me. I got the flu from it. I had the flu once since then, probably 20 yrs ago. I'm not saying you don't have the flu Randy, but most people that really get it are down for the count. I hurt from head to toe and back. Ran fever for a week. Even hurt to breathe, move a muscle or eyelid. My fingernails hurt as they grew. Think that's when I pulled my hair out , because it hurt. (lol) Felt like if I would have died, I would have felt better. I surely couldn't have gotten out of the bed for at least 5 days. Well, since the shot does not seem to work this year, it makes sense that I took my second ever flu shot 2 months ago. I'm bound to get it now. Hope you get well soon.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast