Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grizz trying Microspoons

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grizz trying Microspoons

I got an assortment of Microspoons today in the mail and ran right down to the lake and gave em a try. Caught a nice 8 inch perch in about 10 seconds, but it was really windy and getting dark, so I went home. One thing I did is tip a DaFly with a berkley micro tube and I'm really interested in experimenting with it. Its like a micro blade dancer. Its going to really open up new slow fishing options. I'm really impressed with the quality and colors.

Heres a pic of it.

Are you going to be making some larger ones? These would be killer tipped with 2-3 inch plastics like triple ripple grubs, berkley trout worms, and larger tubes for smallies and walleyes and larger crappies. Maybe you could call em Giant Micro spoons. I think your design would work better than the blade dancers, especially the DaFly.

I'm going to try them on walleyes tonight.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 12-15-2006 at 09:07 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ
    I got an assortment of Microspoons today in the mail and ran right down to the lake and gave em a try. Caught a nice 8 inch perch in about 10 seconds, but it was really windy and getting dark, so I went home. One thing I did is tip a DaFly with a berkley micro tube and I'm really interested in experimenting with it. Its like a micro blade dancer. Its going to really open up new slow fishing options. I'm really impressed with the quality and colors.

Heres a pic of it.

Are you going to be making some larger ones? These would be killer tipped with 2-3 inch plastics like triple ripple grubs, berkley trout worms, and larger tubes for smallies and walleyes and larger crappies. Maybe you could call em Giant Micro spoons. I think your design would work better than the blade dancers, especially the DaFly.

I'm going to try them on walleyes tonight.

I can make some larger ones, I will make some up tomorrow and post a pic next to the one you have, congrats on the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me know when you get the bigger ones done...i'm in.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

here ya go, the pic aint no good, my camera took a d--p, but you can see the size next to the ones you have

Name:  dafly large 006.JPG
Views: 968
Size:  50.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

you may have a winner there, Keith.

KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY

Post Thanks / Like

Threw that green Dafly around today. Started with that tube tipped on it and got a few perch, but then tried it without the tube and they just swarmed it. I often had a dozen perch chasing it. Looked like a piranha feeding frenzy. That spoon has a nice little wobble when retrieved. It suits my casting fishing style perfectly. I like the almost sure hook set with any hit. I cant wait till I locate some crappies to try it on. Crappies have been awol on chautauqua this year. I'm not sure whats going on. Not too happy about it.

Have you had that larger size in the water yet? What is the length of the new one? Does it swim like the small one? I'd suggest going even one size bigger as well. I'd say at least an inch wing size, maybe even a 1.5 and 2 for casting to steelhead , salmon, smallmouth, and snook, reds and sea trout in salt. I know without a doubt that larger fish will hammer it. I also think if you had larger ones you'd find a saltwater following as well. Plastic wings? Super lightweight trailers that slip on the hook. Think shiny kite tail. Attachable weights for deeper fishing? Remember the flying lure? This is a much better metal version of that concept that is way more versatile.

I'm interested in your production capacity once you have a style finalized and do you take large orders from tackle shops?
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 12-18-2006 at 02:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

glad you like them, I can make them in a even bigger size, I will let you know later tonight, for now I am going fishing:D :D :D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Now there is a man who has his priorities straight!

Post Thanks / Like

o.k. here are the 3 sizes I can do, small, med and large
    the small like you already have is 3/4 inch, med is 1 inch and the large is 1 1/4 inch. to use the large I would have to go to an owner hook, probably a 1/0 or 2/0. have not tried the action on it in the water but it should perform the same. I will take it down to the lake tomorrow and let you know. oh and the small dafly is the new candy pink

Name:  grizz large dafly 001.JPG
Views: 909
Size:  68.2 KB

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks good! The bigger sizes may just be the ticket small size work well but sometimes they want something bigger.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast