Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Removable Slip bobber

Post Thanks / Like

Default Removable Slip bobber

anybody make their own DIY removable slip bobbers? I'm fish from a 10ft jon boat which gets crowded when I take buddies. It's nice to be able to get double duty out of the few rods we take; and re-tie as little as possible.
    I was thinking about using thread w. superglue to tie a barrel swivel to the tip of a float and attaching a Norman Speed Clip to the barrel. similar concept but from plastic:
    Wing It Quick Swap Bobber Demonstration - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Do a search here for shipahoy41 waggle style float......... I think if you were to use it with a bobber stop and a bead it would work fine and is removable.........
    Three can keep a secret................If two of them are dead! (Benjamin Franklin)
    Likes Slabs4Dinner LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slabs4Dinner View Post
    ... similar concept but from plastic:
    Wing It Quick Swap Bobber Demonstration - YouTube
    All Wing It has done is attempt to recreate a waggler float. Better late than never, I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha........... Had I bothered to look at the attached video I prolly would have added more to my original response........
    Three can keep a secret................If two of them are dead! (Benjamin Franklin)

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the tip. just ordered some. there tubes will work on my old bobber stems as well. we'll see how they work.
    Likes Slabs4Dinner LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I put a regular float on and turn the hook on the floater so it doesn't go into the slot. Put a bead above it to keep the bobber stop from going through the floater. It works great and is super fast compared to regular slip floats. Only drawback is that the floater will twist periodically.
    Hope this works for you.