Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Va beach report- 16 Dec 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Default Va beach report 15 Not 16 Dec '06

so my buddys call today and says- hey go with me on a test drive so i can check how my motor runs after rebuild. i need to break it in......OK.
    no way i am going in a boat,off the beach during striper season without a fising pole....so i grab rods and some stretchs......no umbrellas, no mojos.....aint got time.....just a quick test drive for an hour or so.....launch at 1pm....round the corner from the jetti and nail the gas.......spit sputter, adjust the carbs....mes with that, tinker with that.....what the hell do i know anyway....seems ok....buzz down to Cape Henry......they are having a ball !! every where you look and as far as you can see boats playing cowboys and indians with the menhaden rapers fleet boats.....circle the wagons and drop our stretches...to join the war party......bam fish on, bam 2 fish....pop it outta gear.....measure fish......32 and 35.....reload and set the lures in motion.....bam yes a 29, bam a 34......4 fish in the box....motor runs so-so.......back to owls creek and boat is out of the water by 3 pm......
    fish were real close to the nets picking up scraps dropped by the netters as they raped the bay .........ever wonder why a 6 inch storm works so well in the early season ? >

Last edited by RACN35; 12-17-2006 at 06:16 AM. Reason: wrong date - dah

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish. Good report. Makes ya wonder what kinda day it woulda been had you left dock at 5 AM and fished hard all day.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics, I especially enjoyed the trawler picture....as sad as it is. What a waste.

Anyways, I'd love to see more like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics and great fishing. Thanks for posting it.