Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Garmin Map 76 Users

Post Thanks / Like

Default Garmin Map 76 Users

While setting up a new Map 76 for a friend I discovered a new software version is available as of November 29, 2006. Version 4.00 changes should provide "Improved WAAS search and selection process to be smarter in its handling of multiple SBAS service providers, overlapping service volumes, and exceptional conditions."

I tried to use the Web Updater but it said the unit already had the latest software installed (even though it had 3.90 installed) so apparently the Web Updater hasn't been updated with the new version yet.

But you can download the new version from http://www.garmin.com/support/downlo...ils.jsp?id=153 and then install it. When I started the installation it said it was for version 3.90 but it did in fact install version 4.00.

To check the version you have on your Map 76 press "Menu" twice and scroll down to "System Info" and press "Enter" and the current software version will be displayed.

If anyone is in the market for a new Map 76, we purchased this one along with a data cable, a power cable and a marine mount (all Garmin brand) for under $210 including shipping from J&H Products - http://www.jandhproducts.com/product...14376&dept_id=
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

It's always a good idea to keep a back-up file of your waypoints on your computer or DVD in case something happens but when I updated to the 4.00 version it did not erase my saved waypoints.

If you don't have a program for saving waypoints and routes you can download EasyGPS free from www.easygps.com.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I will try to update mine in a few days.
    Glad you posted it.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Got-r-done. I also check the software version for the GPS72. It has not changed.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Will the download work with Windows 98SE? I presently have the 3.60 version on my GPSMAP 76S.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    Will the download work with Windows 98SE? I presently have the 3.60 version on my GPSMAP 76S.
    Hey Don:

The system requirements on the download page for the 76S - http://www.garmin.com/support/downlo...ils.jsp?id=155 - state:

"System requirements - IBM-compatible PC running Windows 2000 or Windows XP operating system and an available Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.

So it may not work with 98SE.

Just bring it by when you'er over this way and I'll load the new software for you.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Hey Don:

The system requirements on the download page for the 76S - http://www.garmin.com/support/downlo...ils.jsp?id=155 - state:

"System requirements - IBM-compatible PC running Windows 2000 or Windows XP operating system and an available Com 1, 2, 3, or 4 port.

So it may not work with 98SE.

Just bring it by when you'er over this way and I'll load the new software for you.
    Jerry, I don't know how I did it but 4.00 is now downloaded in my 76S..I did it the old way and did not use the new Web Updater...I here Bill Gates is coming out with a new Windows after the first of the year...I think I will update this antique then...We would like to see you when we go to the duck camp...Texas Jimmy & I will be there around the 7th...Take care and keep putting them in the boat....
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day