Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fishing boat houses

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing boat houses

fishing smith lake yesterday got me wondering about some things and i like yall's opinion about it. we fished one boat house that the owner had obviously done some work to draw crappie to it. he didnt say anything but we left for awhile and was goona hit it again on the way out and he had come out and put up a rope to keep us out. He dont own the fish or the water but i was wondering if we were wrong to fish there or is he wrong to keep people out like that. we did take alot of crappie out of there but they seemed like they wanted to come with us lol. just wondering what ya'll thought about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Docks

You will find on this board alot of people that fish around docks as they supply plenty of cover. I am sure that they do not own them all. They are open game as far as I am concerned, especially on public lakes like Smith. Just as if you put an attractor in anywhere in the lake anyone can fish it. As far as a rope up to keep you from fishing would be unethical and illigal. Would not be legal to restrict access to public waters. I hope they tasted great!
    Secretary of Da Fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I am with C1 on this one

Alot of people think they own areas of PUBLIC WATER just b/c it is around their dock but this is not true and that is why they are called PUBLIC and they are open to everyone.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

In Arkansas, it is illegal to harrass or interfere with an angler in the legal pursuit of game fish. People own a dock and have legal right to sole use of the water space within the slip, but cannot stop you from fishing around it. I don't understand how a rope stopped you from fishing around it or even pitching or casting within it. You should not board their dock or enter the slip. All other is public use.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I see the problem here but need more information to solve it. I need the exact location of this boathouse where I can investigate!

Post Thanks / Like

When no one is looking, cut it!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll respect ALL fishermen and not crowd their space. If a dock is sitting there and nobody is out on it fishing then I dont see anything wrong with casting near it without trying to throw inside it. I think the owner of the dock is wrong trying to stop you from fishing near his/her dock. It's public waters.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

if I read your post right I take it you were "inside" his boat house? I would not enter into someone's overhead cover but I would not hesitate to fish around it. I have lots of people fish my dock, I own the wood and steel poles but the water and fish belong to everyone

Post Thanks / Like

now in my eye's entering the dock is a no-no, but shooting a jig into a dock I dont see anything wrong with.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish several boat houses on Norman...But I always respect the owner of the boat house...I never go inside of one, and I never tie up to one...But I do shoot my spoons inside the boat slip....And all around the outside of them too...I've had a few owners come out and talk to me...And I've had a few come out and give me a mean look....But either way, I just keep on fishing...:D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast