Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Auto PFD's.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Auto PFD's.

Anyone know of a good place order some auto PFD's. Used one of CL Farms while in MS this year really would like to get me and the boys some. I'm a bit of a tite wad so anyone know of any sales ?

Post Thanks / Like

Academy Sports runs them on sale for $79 from time to time. Best price I've seen for an auto inflate.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What is your life worth and your kids life worth? Ask yourself that sir before you buy.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes chaunc, captankangaroo LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Cabela's is having a sale these are made by mustang. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...FD/1801515.uts
    2012 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1750 sc
    115 merc 4 stroke
    Ulterra Ipilot-link
    HB Helix 8mdi front Helix 9msi at console

Post Thanks / Like

They wear the big bulky ones just don't want to spend a fortune seen some over 2 hundred

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just be aware that you have to have them on at all times (in some states), in order for them to be considered as PFD's in the eyes of the law. If you're not wearing them when seen/checked by the CO, and you don't have another PFD within easy access ... you can be ticketed for not having a PFD for each person on board your boat.
    Auto inflating PFD's only count when being worn, according to my Mustang Auto PFD.

The Illinois Handbook of Boating Laws lists the auto inflating PFD as a Type III ... but, my Auto PFD lists itself as a Type V. ... so you might check with your F&W people as to the discrepancy.

... cp
    Likes Crestliner08, NIMROD LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

In Michigan, if they are not on, they don't count.

Cabelas has been running a sale all month on their 3500 auto tournament series. When talking to them, they run daily sales. One day they were $79.00, the next they were $119.00. Still a far cry from the normal $179.00 price.

The whole point of them is to get people out of the stigma of "NOT" wearing a PFD. They make them comfortable enough to be worn all day. This is the reason the conservation officers and Marine patrol look at them as NOT a PFD if they are not on. If your not wearing them, what is the point of getting them. They become the same as the old bulky ones sitting in the bottom of the boat. They do take up less space for storage though.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question !! Maybe a dumb Question!! Have been looking at these also!! How do you know they work until they get wet???? If you are thrown out of the boat will they inflate when you hit the water!! Is their a way of testing them???? What good are they if they don't work when you hit the water!! Am an EMT,Firefighter test our equipment before we go in!!!!
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine worked in the sink when wife tried to clean it up. If it doesn't work auto, you have a blow up tube to huff and puff.

I don't recommend auto inflaters for non swimmers or scaredie cats. But, hey, it is your life.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes wilbur LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you can test it by throwing it into the water. If it does inflate, you will have to purchase another co2 cartridge to re-arm the inflation apparatus. That will cost you about 10-15$. If it does not inflate automatically, there is a string you can pull that should inflate it. If it STILL does not inflate, there is a mouth piece that you can manually blow to inflate it. So, there are 3 ways to inflate it. At least, that's how mine works. I purchased it earlier this year at Academy for about $75.

Also, don't leave it out in the sun. If it gets too hot, it will inflate . I found that out the hard way. I had to purchase another co2 cartridge and I goofed up when installing it, and IT inflated the vest again. So I had to order another one. I went ahead and ordered 2 in case I goofed up again. LOL

Anyway, they are worth the money. Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast