Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOZ Today Not to Shabby

Post Thanks / Like

Smile LOZ Today Not to Shabby

Launched at Coffman this morning and the bite was red hot early, I had 7 before sunrise and limited out on two docks. I was slip corking minnows 5 to 6 feet deep in the boat well and jigging the ole PUDDLE JUMPER!!! on a 1/16 chartreuse head. I was letting the jig fall to about 15 ft then slowly reeling up until about 7 feet and start jigging. One thing I've done is put a bobber stop at ten feet of line. That way when I'm reeling up and see the stop I know exactly where I'm at in the water column. I did try 6 mile cove and the main channel for two hours and only caught 1 fish. So imo the fish are hitting way better in the arms and creeks than the main channel. I believe KS Fisherman, and others have had the same pattern but correct me if I'm wrong.

I know a lot of you have prob used Puddle Jumpers but if you haven't they can be killer. My grandparents who have passed away had a cabin on Shorty Dr. on the Gravios and used them A LOT. They were turned onto them a loooooong time ago at none other than Toledo Bend where Puddle Jumpers are apparently very popular. Mammy and Papa were down at Toledo Bend for their first time and having no luck and they rolled upon a guy who gave them a new hot jig called the Puddle Jumper and they started filling the live well, at least that's how my grandpa told the story.

It was a perfect day for fishing...overcast...very light wind...and just enough of that winter chill...I'll be hitting it again tomorrow. I'm in a Tracker TV-18 and Chevy Trailblazer with green crappie stickers on the back window, say hey if you see me out sometime.Name:  002.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  58.4 KBName:  001.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  83.2 KB
    Likes LSL Angler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice sized fish! I use embroidery thread tied to my line at 10 and 20 feet as depthmarkers-they don't get hung up in the guides the way rubber bobber stops do. I like to slip bobber rig around dock as well, but my lake has a lot of shorts around the docks- keepers get picked of fairly regularly. Ready to hit it again this weekend at Smithville.

Post Thanks / Like

that's a great idea for depth maker, I'm using Rod n Bobs bobber stops they are threaded and thinner than most so they go thru the eyes better. I know what you mean I've had some bobber stops get stuck in the eyes and it drives me crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for report, nice fish
    kost plus crappie team

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report.
    Hope ya tear them up tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Use to fish puddle jumpers a lot. Where do you get yours? Haven't seen them for sale anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!! I'm happy ya got out and showed people I'm not crazy! Sounds like found them just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe I ordered them from puddlejumper.com or just search puddle jumper jigs. I actually didn't know they made them anymore until I searched them on the web. They are a great jig have a lot of bounce and stay more horizontal than most jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report and the pictures. Let us know how you do today. I will be putting in at the Shawnee Bend ramp Saturday morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to everyone going out...
    I have been at loz for the last 3 weekends, but have been doing a little remodeling to the condo.
    I hope to get out by next month..
    Weather permitting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast