Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird® Smartcast™ RF35 Wrist Mount Fishfinder with RSS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird® Smartcast™ RF35 Wrist Mount Fishfinder with RSS

Has anyone ever used one of these ? Looking for something cheap for my pond hopper and was wondering if these things were any good ! They look kinda dumb to me but who knows !

Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought an RF15 unit (not wrist mounted) after I read some favorable reviews. So far, I'm impressed with it.

The display on the wrist-mounted version seems very small. I'd go with a bigger display.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the smart cast with the rod mount. I used it in my canoe and was very happy. Mind you that its screen is small but it gives basic info to fish with. I bought a fish buddy that ws very good also. It is a portable unit also.Hope this helps.
    dave
    in currituck

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tiny Fishfinder...

I got this little dude at Bi-Mart on sale, and although it's as basic as it gets, has a tiny screen, it does work. I use it on my float tube. The transducer floats alongside you by the orange float, or you can screw a broomhandle into it and shine it like a flashlight in any direction you want. It will give you some idea if there's fish around you or under you. I had a very good day using this unit with my float tube, caught a nice mess of crappie. When it said fish under me, I caught them under me.

I think on Ebay they run around $50 or so... It runs on 4 AAA batteries. I've had the Bottomline Fishin Buddy's, two of them, and I think this Zebco is the better value for portability and price.
    Last edited by Glowgood Jigster; 12-16-2006 at 06:34 AM.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use one on my R/C fishing pontoon. I use the wrist watch. Works pretty good up to range of 65 ft or so. It will occasionally loose bottom lock. I think this is caused by bobbling around in the water when the water is choppy. That is the transmitter on the bow of the pontoon. This is a fun toy.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:05 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"