Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: been left behind

Post Thanks / Like

Default been left behind

I was telling my wife the other day how the world and modern technology has left us way behind. I am not sure when this took place. I used to think I knew something about anything that interest me.......WRONG......I don't know about cellphones, texting,clouds, string theriories, black holes in space. and especially sonar technology. What little I have picked up was through trial and error. I am sure I will never understand and be able to utilize the unit to its maxium capabilities. Having said this , I am having fun trying to interpret the information my unit is trying to convey. Trying to read the sonar and not use fish symbols,interpreting the infomation being shown and putting this information to use is a real challenge. I guess I am to far behind to catch up, but its fun trying. Reading this forum has been a great learning tool......Everybody keep up the good work..........Thanks....crappie1133
    Likes Gobob, Slabs4Dinner LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Keep at it. With enough practice anything is possible.
    Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Post Thanks / Like

You have to go to 'Menu' - 'Options' - 'Language' - and change it from 'Greek' to 'English'...
    Likes Gobob, Slabs4Dinner LIKED above post

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted mine set on redneck but was never able to find that option.
    Tell'em I'll be there.
    Likes RMGeorge, bugman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey 1133, I think the majority of us over 50 (or WAY over) are just like you...holding out hope but realistic about the probable outcome. Even though I haven't figured my Lowrance unit out I'm going ahead and getting a new Motorguide that can link to it. If all else fails at least I can use the anchoring feature to stay over brush piles . Now that I'm retiring I will hire someone to show me how to use everything...then I can put it all into practice, 'cause if I don't do something several days in a row, I will forget. It's a good thing they don't let me write the instruction manuals as expletives would be censored out!

Post Thanks / Like

justfishin2, Nice to know there are others in the same boat. My problem is remembering what I learned on my last trip out and being able to use it........ Kinda funny if you think about it...... Seems I am a lot funnier, since I retired....... crappie1133

Post Thanks / Like

I installed all of the electronics in my dad's boat. When he is trolling out in the big lake, it is nothing to get a telephone call from him asking to do something. Many times he is sitting back at camp, in his boat trying to figure out what he screwed up. Eventually he calls, I run out to my boat and walk him through what settings to change. He has learned enough to know how to do what he wants it to do. Other than that, the rest of the options are useless to him.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

crappie1133 if its any consolation to you there is probably over several thousand of us all in the same boat, but hey its fun trying(most of the time) and more fun fishing.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I KNOW I'm in that boat.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Better be a big boat to hold all of us technologically challenged fishermen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast