Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lure Making

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lure Making

Was thinking of getting my grandson a worm/lure making kit for Christmas. Can anyone tell me the best place to get the best price? He is into Bass fishing.
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of options do-it-molds is a good choice. But this is not for small kids.it can be dangerous go to the soft plastic forum and ask them guy's before you do anything.

Post Thanks / Like

He is 16 and is planning on fishing ithe bass club at his school.
    FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I have to agree with the others. That stuff has some bad juju involved. Very toxic fumes, extreme temperatures and just not friendly stuff. How bout a spinnerbait making kit with wire former or vise and material for making jigs or airbrush kit to paint crankbaits.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with those so far. The burns from hot plastic are terrible. There are guys with tons more experience than I. Fatman does a lot of that, Bugman and Bobo too.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I buy from netcraft.

Post Thanks / Like

Plastics is one thing I'm not getting into, too many guys are way better than I'd ever be and it's cheaper to buy from them. If he really wants to get into making plastics baits post this thread over in the plastics section and Snake River and others can really steer you in the right direction.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't have thought it being that bad, of course I really don't know though. I remember as a kid I had one of those creepy crawler sets that made plastic spiders and such. That was back in the day when kids didn't wear helmets on bicycles though.
    Randy Andres

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a thread on where to buy supplies in the DIY Soft Plastics forum. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/diy-s...15406-supplys/ Also be sure to read ALL THE STICKY INFORMATION at the top of the forum. It might keep you from being badly burned. Making your own lures is fun and exciting...but you must always practice good safety habits and use good equipment. Use aluminum molds and injectors.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Jacobs Mold and Machine would be a great place to start. He has a nice set up that reduces the safety issues Injection Machines - JACOBS MOLD & MACHINE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast