Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pa crappie tournament series?

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Pa crappie tournament series?

I was interested in your opinion on a crappie tournament series. Would there be enough interest to do this? I like these tournaments but, there are only two that I know of in western pa. I see that the ohio guys have "Buckeye crappie challenge" series and I thought that was a great idea.
    Let me know if you would be interested or any ideas for a series. I have no clue what to do to organize something like this so any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,

Bob G.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G
    I was interested in your opinion on a crappie tournament series. Would there be enough interest to do this? I like these tournaments but, there are only two that I know of in western pa. I see that the ohio guys have "Buckeye crappie challenge" series and I thought that was a great idea.
    Let me know if you would be interested or any ideas for a series. I have no clue what to do to organize something like this so any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,

Bob G.
    Hay Bob G. I was at Glendale Lake last Thursdays and picked up a form for the Crappie-Thon over there. It is on June 6,2004 10 place pay out .
    Here is the number to call : Call Ray @ (814) 674-8203 or email [email protected] or Zimmies Bait Shop @ 814-944-1752. All moneys go to the Patton Vol. Fire Co.
    Yea Bob, if you need help let me know ! I'll help you. Zimmy

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmy
    Hay Bob G. I was at Glendale Lake last Thursdays and picked up a form for the Crappie-Thon over there. It is on June 6,2004 10 place pay out .
    Here is the number to call : Call Ray @ (814) 674-8203 or email [email protected] or Zimmies Bait Shop @ 814-944-1752. All moneys go to the Patton Vol. Fire Co.

Thanks Zimmy, I will let you know. I am sure that I will need some help, but, right now this idea is in its infancy stage. My partner and I fished a crappie tournament on Arthur this past sunday. We weighed in a 10 fish limit that went 8.42lbs and 1st place. I have been hooked on tournaments for the last couple of years, but winning one has just made the fever worse and that was the last one of the year that I knew about until you mentioned the crappie thon. I wish there were more of them.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmy

Thanks Zimmy, I will let you know. I am sure that I will need some help, but, right now this idea is in its infancy stage. My partner and I fished a crappie tournament on Arthur this past sunday. We weighed in a 10 fish limit that went 8.42lbs and 1st place. I have been hooked on tournaments for the last couple of years, but winning one has just made the fever worse and that was the last one of the year that I knew about until you mentioned the crappie thon. I wish there were more of them.
    Keep the ideas coming.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default idea

Bob

I like your idea very much. Am going to suggest that you post this same thread on the main page. There are ones there, who are probably in the know, plus you might have some interested in coming to Pa to compete in it. Also it takes sponcers to make it be succesful.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested. Some of the lakes in western Pa. may be a bit far for a Central Pa. guy to travel....but you never know !!! I've inquired about the tournament to be held on Glendale. I've never fished there before. Looks like that would be a little less than a two hour trip.

mote1977 Guest

Hey Bob, my buddy and I fished the tourny at Arthur also. I think we talked to you guys right before weigh in when you came past us. We were in the white Sea Nymph fishing the big laydown by the cabin docks. Our 10 fish limit was 5.9lbs. Not enough to put us in the money but not bad for our first tourny and for not fishing Arthur for crappies much. We would be interested in fishing more tournaments also. If you get any info post it on here. oh yeah, Congrats on the win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mote1977
    Hey Bob, my buddy and I fished the tourny at Arthur also. I think we talked to you guys right before weigh in when you came past us. We were in the white Sea Nymph fishing the big laydown by the cabin docks. Our 10 fish limit was 5.9lbs. Not enough to put us in the money but not bad for our first tourny and for not fishing Arthur for crappies much. We would be interested in fishing more tournaments also. If you get any info post it on here. oh yeah, Congrats on the win.

Mote, Thanks. I do remember seeing you. It definatly looks like there is some interest in the tourneys.
    Irish, I'm not planning to keep this in western Pa only. I think spreading it around a bit would keep the bar high and everyone on there toes. I know that the ohio series is spread all over the state. I think Pa is a little too big to do it that way unless someone over in the eastern part of the state would be able to get something together.
    Like I said this is just a thought in my head at this point. My organizational skills are lacking and I do not have any contacts. I think I will start with the ohio guys and see if they can give me some direction.
    Zimmy, I am really positive that I will need your help. :D I have a question is Zimmies that you referenced happen to be yours?
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default yes

Yes, I'de be interested. I'm in central PA.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast