Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Country living isn't exactly glorious sometimes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Country living isn't exactly glorious sometimes

Makes me wonder why we continue to live out here on occasion. Got back from Toledo Bend after six days. PTO on tractor has decided not to engage for some reason - I'll look at it this weekend. The Cushman electric cart having problems as well. Gauge on the charge indicator showed low, so I plugged it in after checking the water level on all batteries. I could hear water boiling as well as a distinctive smell coming from them a short while later. Not good, unplugged it - I'll look at it this weekend. Fallen leaves are everywhere and I have to tend with them.

Trying to finish the addition at the same time. I leave for work for 11 hours a day, dark when I leave and dark when I get home this time of year. Weekends out here are sun up to sun down to keep up. Then there is the big garden..... Fellas, think about it before deciding to live in the country. One of these days I'll be able to post regular on fish being caught. Sorry the rant, close to being burnt out.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

sorry ya workin so hard!!! sounds like ya need a "boy Friday"!!!!!!!!!!!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been here out in the country living on my farm for 39 years now....yep I have some days like your talking about but.......I still wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    I have been here out in the country living on my farm for 39 years now....yep I have some days like your talking about but.......I still wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
    X2!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

I have lived in the country all my life other than a few years after high school and I have also had days like you are talking about but I too, wouldn't have it any other way! Hang in there Randy, it WILL get better!
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Randy......remember what you always say......life is good
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Tracker123 LIKED above post

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Randy, I'm with you brother...... I wonder daily about selling out and moving to the lake and just fishing instead of dealing with the upkeep. We are on a 300 acre farm and lease out 150 acres to hay farmers but the rest is high mantinence . I could live at the lake and cut the grass once a week and fish. But my wife Hates the lake sooooo I guess I'll man up and enjoy the fruits of hard work on the farm....... It's all good
    Likes RetiredRR LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

"with age, comes wisdom"...........
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellas, it'll all work out as usual.
    Randy Andres
    Likes bflowers LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Randy, here's what you do. Forget the leaves, they'll take care of themselves besides they haven't all fell yet anyway. For the cart and the tractor, whack em with the hammer, if that don't fix it your gonna have to spend some money on em. One of those two options should clear it right up. Lastly for the addition, if the winds blowing like a hurricane work on the addition, otherwise go fishing......

Country livin wasn't meant to be glamorous, but i do hope it gets better.......

P.S, Santa says hi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast