Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Nice Crappie

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice Crappie

Mitch Travis with a true whopper crappie, 3.2lbs 2ozs. Mitch caught this fish on a slater jig in Lake Chotard, MS. This was the biggest crappie Mitch caught in 2004.

I don't know him but it is a nice crappie.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

what was the length of this crappie if by chance you know? I was wondering because one place I use to fish back about 10 years ago I caught many big fat crappie that were between 16 and 18 inches long. I didnt weigh any of them but noticed a few times in the local paper where some were caught that were 16 and 16 and 1/2 inches that weighed 3 plus pounds and were caught right in the same area. I sure wish now that I would have weighed them somehow. I didnt have a set of scales and didnt know the local baitshop did cause I bought all my equipment from Wal-Mart at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default holy moly

All I can say is WOW!! and a few other things I'm not allowed to say on here
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a nice fish - I am going to try to make it south and a a little west sometime in the coming year hopefully to Alabama and Mississippi as well Arkansas and Missouri
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default interesting......

I found the description interesting; "This was the biggest crappie Mitch caught in 2004." I take that to mean this isn't his first dance with a trophy sized crappie, and possibly not the largest he has ever caught. (?)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch Mitch!! That would be a waller for me!!

Post Thanks / Like

You guys should have seen the new state record black crappie caught last year in 2003 in Idaho. It was almost 5 pounds! There was a pic of it on the cover of the regulation book. IT WAS HUGE! And of Corse it was caught by a kid so when he held it, it looked even bigger. But what shocked me is the size of that fishes mouth taht mitch caught.
    Last edited by Kokanee King; 01-06-2005 at 06:38 PM.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kokanee King

Can you get us a picture or tell us where to see it at??
    I would love to see that one
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PIGINTHEPIGPEN
    Can you get us a picture or tell us where to see it at??
    I would love to see that one
    I will take a look around. it was on the 2004 cover so i might have it around the hose somewhere or I might find it online. It is definatly worth seeing. I almost ripped out my hair when i saw it.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D