Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Lowrance HDS5x …..members only

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Free Lowrance HDS5x …..members only

This is a joint gift from DonG and myself. Tell us why you need it. Be honest. Most compelling story wins. Be honest. Be honest Abe.

The unit is at our lake house. Will get true pictures later. The unit comes with trolling motor transducer. Power cord is in my boat and I ain't gonna take it out. I will try to find a power cord for the unit.

Winner will be announced December 15, 2014. Give me time to get it to you for Christmas.

This is what it looks like link.

Garmin GPS, RAM Mounts, TomTom GPS, Lowrance GPS Factory Authorized Dealer - GPS City
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes High Bridge Hooker LIKED above post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom, when you get a chance, can you post a picture of the back of that unit. I might have an iceducer that will fit it. I'll throw it in too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    Tom, when you get a chance, can you post a picture of the back of that unit. I might have an iceducer that will fit it. I'll throw it in too.
    Ok. It will be a few days. I got VA tomorrow and Wed.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure what kind of a story that you are looking for but when I bought my john boat sometime back I told my wife that I really would like to have a nice fish finder for it but having 3 kids at home there was always other things that come up and was never really able to afford a nice one. I seemed to be able to come up with the money for a cheap one but I wanted something a lot nicer and it just never seemed to happen.
    And now I am permanently laid off from my job, so I thought that I would put my name in for this.
    And maybe just maybe it would help to keep from doing something stupid like this again.
    When I first got my boat I was one proud papa, couldn't wait to get on the water. So I got ahold of my future son-in-law and headed for the lake, boat ran like a top so we were just riding around enjoying the time and I had run into a place on the lake that I was not familiar with and then my engine died looked down and there we were in the middle of a bunch of lilly pads and shallow water.
    Well I was able to get the engine running long enough to get out of that mess, but it would die and would not run. So there we were quite a way's from the ramp, dead engine no trolling motor and no paddle.
    My son-in-law looks at me with a concerned face and I was mad as all get out, so we unloaded our lunch boxes (little playmates) and started to lunch box our way to the ramp and I would pull on the rope trying to get the engine started well the more I yanked on that rope the madder I got and of course the madder I got the harder I yanked well of course the rope broke and I almost went for a swim but was able to save myself but did manage to soak myself. all this time my son-in-law never said a word or even looked back at me he just kept lunch boxin towards the ramp (granted a little faster after the rope broke).
    I had sucked up a lilly pad and blew the head gasket on the very first day out. I took the boat back to where I bought it and the guy could not believe I broke the rope, so I reminded him that there was 250 pounds of really ticked off fat and muscle yanking on the rope and he just looked at me and said yeah I reckon that would do it. He fixed it free of charge told me a boat was to enjoy not to have to worry about.
    When I got to work and told this story to my friends they bought a boat paddle and engraved it, of course they laughed about it all day and I never did live it down.
    It says, "Up the creek without a paddle award" and put the date on it for me, and it now resides in my bedroom as a cruel reminder of that very crummy day.
    Sorry so long winded but I thought that some one reading this might get and need a good laugh at my expense.
    Jon
    Likes Blackdog40, Bobo Greybeard LIKED above post

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

good stuff
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

This unit is in excellent condition. No scratches. Great unit and low hours and fairly new.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what happened to my post, when I was typing it all the spaces and paragraphs were correct but when it posted it all got jumbled up into one big paragraph.

sorry for it being so hard to read.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jon_mac View Post
    I don't know what happened to my post, when I was typing it all the spaces and paragraphs were correct but when it posted it all got jumbled up into one big paragraph.

sorry for it being so hard to read.
    Looks fine to me ... 4 paragraphs are showing on my screen.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought my first deck boat last month and the fish finder on it does not work. With Christmas coming and 3 kids in college, I will not have money to get one anytime soon. I would appreciate the fish finder A LOT.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you serious CP your askin a fisherman to be honest and not lie? Aint gonna happen. One will out lie the other.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA
    Likes chaunc LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast