Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Garmin GPS 76

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Free Garmin GPS 76

Tell us why you need it. Winner will be notified Friday Dec 5, 2014.

Handheld WAAS capable. Good starter unit. Good shape.

Skeetbums and my gift rules apply. Be honest.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes High Bridge Hooker LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great unit, had a 72 that I sold, dumb move. You're a good man, Charlie Brown. Someone will be smarter with this.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Had a e-trex by Garmin (I think). it got stolen out of my car, never found it. it was a good unit.

Post Thanks / Like

an extra slice of raisin pie for doing this canepole!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Been thinking of getting a new handheld my old one a Garmin GPSIIPlus has gotten a lot of vertical lines and is difficult to read. I'm not broke but it seems there is always something like car repairs, new door on the house, health care going up. I promise to cherish and give it great care, but deep down I know there are others who need it more. I think it is a great gesture though.

Post Thanks / Like

Well. I have a sylvan 14 foot snapper with a trolling motor and a 35hp old johnson motor jointly used by my brother and myself as well as a kayak that i use personally. I use a small portable depth finder that is great for switching between the two boats but it is very basic. It shows bottom and has a fish shaped icon if it detects a fish but is only really accurate as a depth finder, but that is fine by me as i look at maps and depth charts to figure out where to fish and use the ff to locate them
    The hard part is when trolling or finding the way to or from a particular spot. If a fish is caught while using the boat we have a milk jug with rope and a weight attached for quickly marking a round about area where the fish was so we can trace it back, but in my kayak i am limited on space. And making an adventure is always a part of the fishing experience but getting lost is no fun. Even a map can be useless when you have no idea where you are. Because of that reason i stick to areas that i know well and they are very few. I have a phone but that is only good if you are in range and it takes a bit to pull up maps and figure out where you are, especially in a kayak. Another downside is when out on the water i try to use land markings to find fishing spots which can be very difficult to do especially when you go from looking at the map at home to on the water. I don't usually get lost because i stick to areas i know well.
    I'm currently going to school and as a student so extra cash is rare and being able to spend it on a want item is an even more so rare event. Honestly I would most likely be fine with out a gps unit as i have before. But it would definitely make life easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry. I'm a bit long winded.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I need something like this since I am new to Crappie fishing and only fish from the shore at this point in time. It would be good for me to have to mark points where I catch these tasty fish!!

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i got 1 to mark stuff when water is down
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billbob View Post
    i got 1 to mark stuff when water is down
    That is a mighty good idea, mark all those downed trees sticking out of water when lake is low or drawn down for winter pool. That guy Billbob perty smart fellow.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast