Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: ITS HERE

Post Thanks / Like

Default ITS HERE

Just got my package from do-it. all the colors,glitter,plastic. now heres for the questions. Do I need to warm the molds before shooting them? if making laminates do I use a little worm oil on the flat piece so they wont stick? Any advice would be a great help. Thanks Dave

Post Thanks / Like

If your molds are indoor room temperature, there generally is no need to warm them or the injector. I'd let the plastic come up to room temp as well as any of the colorants and stabilizer or softeners as well.

You can oil the bait side of your lam plate, but really just a quick wipe with a cloth that has about two drops of the oil on it. You don't want to see visible oil on the surface.

Lay your stuff out and get it organized in your work area and then just take a breath and say I can do this. Make sure you are alone so your focus is on what you are doing, not on whether kids are messing with this or that or if they are in the way of getting burnt. If you need to, re-read some of the stuff that pertains to getting started again and then have at it.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my two cents worth on laminate plates . I do not use any oil at all matter fact I go out of the way in clean the plate with alcohol or acetone making sure that I have all oil and residues completely worshiped off . D depending on the molds if I have to warm them up the more detail work in the mold most likely you will have to warm them up. but like ctom said most likely let your mold set in a room at room temperature for most of your mold shooting.

www.bobsjigs.com
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, am bitting at the bit to start but the house just got hit with the flu bug so it will be a few days til I can get to start. Thanks again Dave

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You got some great advice here. Also read the DO NOT DO sticky at the top of this forum http://www.crappie.com/crappie/diy-s...115410-thread/ and also PAY ATTENTION to this sticky. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/diy-s...stics-newbies/

Be SAFE, Be CAREFUL, Be PAYING ATTENTION, Be CAUTIOUS and enjoy the hobby.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.