Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Talquin...11/29

Post Thanks / Like

Default Talquin...11/29

The bite at Talquin has been pretty slow since arriving on Wednesday. Actually I didn't fish any Wednesday and Thursday was just too windy for me to go out. Friday was tough and windy in the morning and a slow bite in the afternoon. Hooker carried his boat up to the river and fished Friday and done pretty good but it was tough in the lake. Saturday was much better conditions and a few more fish were caught. Here are a few pictures from today:

We needed someone to direct traffic.
    Name:  Tal1129.1.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  24.8 KB

Talquin Maggie was "intent" waiting on a bite.
    Name:  Tal1129.2.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  33.7 KB

Here are some of the pics of some fish....
    Name:  Tal1129.3.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  72.2 KB

Name:  Tal1129.4.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  47.2 KB

Name:  Tal1129.5.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  52.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! That pic with all the boats looks like where Crappieday fished today.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy days Tim, nice fish - There were at least 30+ boats on Crescent this mornin. Thought I was gonna have to tell 1 fellar he was getting a little close but then he apologized - mighta been his first day out.
    The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?"

fishwalton is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was on Talquin Friday morning almost by myself. Saw 3 boats head down the lake and a couple up the lake. Fished straight out from the Lodge in middle of the lake on over to the channel . Wind was just to much to handle in my small river boat. Caught a 24 inch channel on a crappie rod with minnow. Quit about 1300 as the wind was dropping. Figured the bite would improve in the afternoon and Saturday with better weather. Visiting family in Tallahassee so fished Lake Jackson for a little while on Saturday. 9 small crappie and 1 small bass..... all hatched the day before I think....released all.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim thanks for the help still have a lot to learn about this trolling thing.the pointers you gave helped a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detailman View Post
    Tim thanks for the help still have a lot to learn about this trolling thing.the pointers you gave helped a lot.
    Great meeting you and your son finally, Detailman. Looks like you have a great fishing partner Wish the fishing could have been better this weekend but that's why they call it fishing!! Glad you made it home safe....See ya on the water again soon