Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 16 ft trailer and 6ft wide

Post Thanks / Like

Default 16 ft trailer and 6ft wide

Hi,

Going to be hauling some boo Sunday....How much do you think I can get on a 16 ft trailer and 6ft wide?...If I tie about 10 pieces or so together at both ends...I think it will keep the boo down...Anyone have any tips?...I need to haul a lot in two days for a habitat project...

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye
    Last edited by jcd; 12-13-2006 at 09:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking More than you want

If that trailer is a dual axle with a 3500 pound capacity it will hold mor bamboo than you want to cut. You can use ratcheting tie downs and strap the boo down for hauling. Place the cut end towards the tounge of the trailer for less wind resistance. "IF" you do cut enough to load the trailer you will have your work cut out for you. Post a picture of the load you cut. Ferdi

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

To be honest with you...We need probably 600 pieces of boo....This will make us about 20 concrete block type condos/mats....If the avg is about 30 or so for the two concrete block type condos/mats...But, I will be happy if we can get at least 15 dropped...But the goal is 20...

Do you think tying ten or so pieces together with string on each end will help to get more on the trailer?...

I will try to post a picture of the trailer after we are done loading it.....I just hope we can get close to 600 pieces on two trips...

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye
    Last edited by jcd; 12-13-2006 at 09:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to haul 60 pieces that were between 16 and 20 feet long in my boat to a lake 3 hours away. Just use plenty of ratchet straps. My boat is a Tracker 175.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I am going to be using a regular open trailer that is 16ft long and 6ft wide to haul to the lake.....My buddy will be hauling the boat or the trailer...We haven't decided yet..

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye