Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Long lining with braid

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Long lining with braid

I spooled all 12 of my reels with Braid. And now I think it is causing me problems. I fish a two jig set up and pull them at about 1.1 to 1.5 MPH. I think since the braid floats it is keeping my jigs from getting down deep enough. I thought about adding a split shot but not sure. Anyone ever troll with braid?

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Contact Rees guide on the mississippi board. I believe he does that.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Tried the same deal pulling cranks went back to mono guess what ? The bite came back IMHO braid is for those guys chasing the green carp Bass lol

Post Thanks / Like

Rees may know how to get results with braid , a lot of guys use it pushing cranks with 3-4 oz weights , that works but for me not so much pulling. Like skeetbum said check with Rees He is a good dude met him at MS camp this fall He'll help you if he can

Post Thanks / Like

I have 30# Power Pro on everything but my bluegill rods. I pull or push cranks without problems. I find the braid lets the lure run a little deeper. It has excellent sensitivity on a jig rod too

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

mono like braid floats. if you want line that sinks use fluorocarbon, I mostly troll for walleye I would slow down or add weight.

Post Thanks / Like

Use braid all time and no problems with catching fish. Creekslick uses it on greersferry where water clarity is up to 10 ft visibility. I think it's a confidence thing. I do notice when long long jigs the line floats a little higher but hasn't affected my bite. I give it a good cast and let her fish. Just my observation. Too much trouble Long line with mono in the stump and brush unless using light wire jigs. High loss of jigs with mono

Post Thanks / Like

I tried it too. Fish numbers dwindled compared to mono.