Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Grand Opening - Crappie Busness Listings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grand Opening - Crappie Busness Listings

Name:  cc_listings.PNG
Views: 394
Size:  4.2 KB

You folks may have noticed that “Baitshops” has changed to say “Listings”. Ok, probably not; who looks at those buttons anyway? Well, it has changed… Why? Well, we've been working on revamping the old BaitShopGuide.Com and decided to expand it out to become a listings directory for Crappie.Com members to proudly list their businesses. We’ve pre-loaded the entries from BaitShopGuide.Com to get things started. As time goes on, we’ll probably be making enhancements, such as interactive maps. It is, however, ready for you guys to “kick the tires”. If you own a bait shop listed, please claim your entry; if we didn't have it pre-loaded, just create a new entry. Secondly, if you have a bait shop, please take a photo of it, especially if is is proudly displaying a Crappie.Com logo on your window. Hint, hint.

To add listings, you need to be "Registered User 2" status, meaning you've been a member for 25 days and have at least 25 posts. You will need to use your Crappie.Com username and password to log into the directory system. Sorry, we didn't have a way, as of yet, to share the accounts, but the passwords are synchronized nightly.

We are still testing the system and can use feedback. If there are any problems or suggestions, please post here, or PM me directly, and I’ll get back to you in a bit.

-Wing Hunter

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cccc_screenshot.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	180393
    WingHunter.com

Post Thanks / Like

It's a big improvement just having the user names and passwords in sync. I think that's awesome.

And i I like that only real users ( registered user 2's) can participate. That way we don't have members just join to advertise there.

The idea is for us to " keep it in the family". A free business directory for members only. Once it's established and working right, we will try to set it up so that current "member sponsors" are able to have their listing "featured" somehow. Still have to work on that.

Great job wh. I'm so happy to have you working on the technology side of the site. It's a major relief. Took tons of my time. And now it's your problem. Doh. Lol. Thanks again wing hunter. You da man.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes don3778 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

So if you own a business of any sort, by all means, go ahead and add a listing. And let us know what you think.

Wing hunter, if there's a new category necessary, can members add it themselves, or do you have to add it manually first.

I can can see that we'll need to add hunting guides, boat dealers (brm), and of course jig manufacturers.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    So if you own a business of any sort, by all means, go ahead and add a listing. And let us know what you think.

Wing hunter, if there's a new category necessary, can members add it themselves, or do you have to add it manually first.

I can can see that we'll need to add hunting guides, boat dealers (brm), and of course jig manufacturers.
    Slab, I still think you and your sponsors are missing a great opportunity by not being more involved on your Crappie.com facebook page. Take for instance the ***************** facebook page which has over 80,300 likes compared to Crappie.com's facebook page which has 7,239 likes. The opportunity is there and cost nothing, just need to work on the fan base which can be done with just a few giveaways on the facebook page. I want to see more people have the opportunity to enjoy both of crappie.com's sites.

Post Thanks / Like

I had heard the likes on that other site you mention are not real or had been bought. Not sure but to get those kinda numbers so fast is just about impossible otherwise.

And yes, wifey is actually starting giveaways on there per your suggestion. We just had one for Charlie brewer sliders. She's still trying to get used to how they work. Ain't exactly straightforward. But thanks for your suggestions. It is much appreciated.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Well, one thing I would suggest for the next giveaway would to include a photo of the product that is the giveaway. Be sure the entrant likes the page, shares the contest post on their facebook page and also has to tag a friend to be entered. If you want you can set a goal, like after the page adds another 1,000 likes for the contest to end. I promise if done right your likes will grow fast.
    Likes Slab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Are the listings going to be set to Categories: Boats, lures, tying materials etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Are the listings going to be set to Categories: Boats, lures, tying materials etc.
    Yep, some are already there. More will be added as they come up.
    Owner