Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bamboo or Cane in Illinois???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bamboo or Cane in Illinois???

Hi,

Does anyone know of any places where bamboo or cane grows in Illinois or Missouri?...Where we could cut it down and take it for free?...We know of place that isn't to far from us...We have been getting it there...But, the man that lived there passed away and a young couple purchased the house...They want to cut it all down and have the roots dug out...We are going to be able to take whatever they have left...But, I don't think it will grow back...I think we might know of another place where it grows near us?...But, haven't been to the location to check and see if it is boo or cane?...

I remember talking a gentleman from near Marion Il....He said it grew down that way by the river....I live near Alton...It would be a pretty good drive but well worth the drive...If I could haul a bunch of it back...

Me and my buddy are helping out on a habitat project at a lake near us...But, the biologist is excited about the boo idea and probably will want to drop some in other lakes that lack cover...

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye
    Last edited by jcd; 12-13-2006 at 10:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

hey i wish i could help. if you could get to alabama i could give you all you could handle. but i was wondering if you could transplant those plants to another area . if you get that desperate give me a hollar its everywhere around here.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bama,

Thanks for the reply....But, Alabama is a little to far for me to travel to get it...I'm looking for a place within a couple hours or so...But, I really appreciate your offer....Honestly..I think you can plant boo but certain type of boo spread fast...So, I think a lot of people don't plant it...

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye
    Last edited by jcd; 12-13-2006 at 07:08 PM.

bobberdown is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The Eleven Point River in Missouri has ton's of cane growing on the banks. Free for the cutting. You can google Alton MO then follow Highway 19 North to the river and start following the river south. and find the roads to get to the accesses.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bobberdown,

What is the nearest town to the river?...I can use yahoo maps to see how far it is.....I live near Alton, Il...Just across the river from St.Louis..

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye

bobberdown is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Alton Missouri Is the closest to you or Donophan. About 3hr south of you. You might catch one of your neighbors who trout fish down there and they could bring you a load.