Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got my new Terrova today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got my new Terrova today

I just unboxed my new Terrova 80. What a monster. The shaft is 60" long. I hope this bad boy is not a pain to install. Good thing I went to college. The owners manual looks worse than my old Physics book. lol. I am going to have to just look at it for a few days. I have my Ranger at the shop being tuned and getting the choke fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats.
    Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! I just installed my terrova a couple of months ago, 45 inch shaft. Not to hard to install, drill a few holes and wire up plug. I did mine by myself but would've been easier if someone was there to help hold it a couple of times. I am very happy with it, hope all goes well.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats...your gonna love it!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

A good friend of mine just installed his and said it went on with no problem!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question. In the manual there is an insert sheet saying you can only use a MinnKota alternator type charger or it will damage the Terrova. I don't know what an alternator type charger is. I do have a Minn Kota onboard board charger. It is a MinnKota 315 with 3 banks. It is hooked up to to the cranking battery and the two deep cycle batteries. The insert says that most chargers connect the deep cycle negative posts to the crank/starting battery negative post and could cause a short. Again, my charger is hooked up to all three batteries in my boat. Is that a problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Just unplug it when you come off the lake and it wont matter.
    Mounting is easy and you may want to put a quick connect plate and base on it while you are at it if you use a cover, have to take mine off the front to put my cover on.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

where did you find the best price for your motor?

Post Thanks / Like

If the holes in the terrova mounting plate does not align up with the mounting holes on the boat, just make a template of the mounting holes from the old trolling motor, transfer markings to the mounting base of the new motor and drill the clearance holes. This will eliminate the need to drill any new holes onto the boat.
    Likes Gobob LIKED above post

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    If the holes in the terrova mounting plate does not align up with the mounting holes on the boat, just make a template of the mounting holes from the old trolling motor, transfer markings to the mounting base of the new motor and drill the clearance holes. This will eliminate the need to drill any new holes onto the boat.
    What he said. Use stainless hardware too. Also make sure that it will deploy and not hit the rub rail. My PD looked funny mounted where it had to go, but it clears.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast