Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Worm Bed Basics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Worm Bed Basics

Thinking about starting a bed as I get more into bream fishing. Had a few questions.

1. How long does it take to start up before you can start harvesting?
    2. Once established what percentage of worms can you harvest without hurting the batch?
    3. How fast do they reproduce quality size worms?

This will be a small project. Something like a 5 gallon bucket.

Post Thanks / Like

Look on youtube there is a bunch of how to video's on raisin worms......... I think you are gonna need atleast one of those 20-30 gallon plastic totes at a minimum though.
    Three can keep a secret................If two of them are dead! (Benjamin Franklin)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm no expert, but read some of my other post. Several of your questions will be answered. I'm using a rubbermaid tote. started with 60 walmart worms in October a few years ago. By spring I had all I wanted to fish with by spring. Now my problem is they are getting small from over population. I need to get rid of about 500 little worms. PM me and we might be able to get you going pretty fast if we can figure how to ship them without freezing this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

That's good right there ctf58

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctf58 View Post
    I'm no expert, but read some of my other post. Several of your questions will be answered. I'm using a rubbermaid tote. started with 60 walmart worms in October a few years ago. By spring I had all I wanted to fish with by spring. Now my problem is they are getting small from over population. I need to get rid of about 500 little worms. PM me and we might be able to get you going pretty fast if we can figure how to ship them without freezing this time of year.

Thanks for the offer. I just got back on here and read this. I got some from my bait shop now. Have you considered just dumping some in tge backyard?