Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spider rig rod holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider rig rod holders

I'm thinking about getting into spider rigging this year. Now that I have an idea on the front seat mounts I was wondering if any one had advise on rod holders for the front of the boat. I've seen several that adjust and some that were all on the same holder. If they're all on the same holder will that effect the other rods much if you have a bite on one? Do you think having one that moves up and down in height is good or unnecessary maybe to avoid the trolling motor?
    Be safe on the water!

Post Thanks / Like

You bring up a good point regarding the trolling motor. Make sure you can stow and deploy the TM with the rod holder in place. Several guys have made that mistake. Also sit in your seat and make sure you can reach all the rods comfortably. My DF on the front was pre-mounted and I managed to get my rod holder in front of it so I have to look around a rod handle to see it. I am going to put a ram mount on it to remedy the problem, but I really want a bigger screen up front so I have not done anything yet. I have an HDS7 on the console and a small HB up front. The new HB Helix units look like a good deal, but gonna wait til after Christmas to do anything.
    I have not had a problem with my rods moving when a fish hits one, however, you can bump it with you foot or leg and fool yourself into thinking you have several fish on. You do know this type of fishing is addictive, right??
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

I just rigged up a spider rig set-up a couple weeks ago- it started as an impulse buy at BPS with a Driftmaster rod-holder set (incuded 4 holders). I'm not planning on sitting cheek to cheek with anyone on the front deck, so 4 rods will be enough for me. The TM cable is a bit of a pain in the but if I need to raise my TM, I'll turn my holder top bar 90 degrees so the cable clears. I don't know how I could have mounted my rod holder in such a way that this wouldn't be a problem in one way or another. After getting the Driftmaster holder set-up, it kind of snowballed and I had to get three 14' BnM rods and several Mr. Crappie SlabShaker reels. I haven't gotten out to try the set-up yet, but all I need is decent weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Tite lok Capps and Coleman Widow Makers.

Post Thanks / Like

SpyderLok is my choice.
    Here fishy, fishy, fishy...
    Likes Rees Guide, Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

X2 on the Spider Locks.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

x3 on spyder lok
    Tight Lines
    Larryb227

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to set up a boat and not have the trolling motor be a problem when stowing/deploying the tm whatever set you decide on make sure they rotate either on the upright like perotti's or the mount like hi-tec's,it just takes a second to get them out of the way.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Bee Ready holder and it works good. don't know if its any better than the others only one ive had

Post Thanks / Like

I've had several different brands of rod holders and the Spyderloks are the best out there. I pull crankbaits one half of the year and spider rig jigs the rest of the time. The sturdiness and ease of adjustments is unequaled by any other brand.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    ScottV's Custom Crappie Cranks
    Crankbait Pushing Weights

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast