Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question for canepole

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for canepole

What do you think the purpose for auto mode is on depth finders ? From all I am reading and trying to learn it must be to help sell the unit. If auto mode gives so many false signals am I not wasting time with it running in this mode period. THANKS TOM DWIGHT PARKS

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say that the auto setting would be the factory default settings. These are settings guaranteed to work from the factory (just add power, transducer and water). The manufacturers know, from years of experience, combined with particular unit characteristics, where to set the “it’s gonna work” parameters. These parameters could include things such as chart speed, sensitivity, depth, etc. These settings are gonna work 99% of the time. I use auto mode a lot, especially when I am on the move. Only time I ever get out of auto mode is if I want to really look at a point of interest. At that time I screw around with the knobs (sensitivity, chart speed, ping rate, surface clutter, etc.). If I am vertical, I usually turn the fish ID on. It cleans up the screen a lot. If I am slow trolling, I am usually following my gps along a preplanned track or along a certain depth of a contour and not really paying detailed attention to the sonar. Everybody does it different. Just remember, if you are screwing around with knobs, you ain’t fishing.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Cane Pole

workin at testin barley pop will cut in to your fishin time too
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER