Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Lowrance X50DS Sonar

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Free Lowrance X50DS Sonar

I just removed this unit (11/22/14) from my Jon Boat. I am upgrading the Jon to HDS.

This is/was Brenda's "looker" . She needs the bigger screen.

The unit is in good shape and is gray scale.

I am following Skeetbums lead on this. Tell us why you are someone you know needs it or is a beginner. Be honest is all we ask. This unit is not a top of the line sonar, but it is very effective unit.

Post here for who, what. and why. No pms please. We will pick winner Friday 28 November.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You are THE man Tom. Good unit for someone.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

very cool deal you are doing......good luck!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome

Post Thanks / Like

Cool idea! There is a thread going on the Arkansas board right now that was posted by a newbie. This is what he had to say:

"Hey all, I posted a few weeks back thanking everyone for helping me learn to catch my first mess of crappie. Since then I've been reading and returning to the water trying to sharpen my skills, but I've got to admit I've been stumped the past couple trips and could use some advice from the more experienced here.

How are you all locating the fish when they're deep above or in brushpiles without fish finders? Or do you?

I've read many of you posting saying they're 8-10' deep now around or in brush piles, but for the past several trips I've been unable to successfully locate any of these 10' or so fish schools on any of the Central Arkansas lakes. When the fall bite started and they were chasing the shad up into the creeks, I could manage to sit around the old creekbeds and catch plenty thanks to many of the tricks I read here.

But now that the temps are cooling off and they seem to be more submerged in the brushpiles, I'm having trouble finding them to hook. I also kayak fish so moving around a lot isn't an option - I can generally only cover about 5 miles on a good day.

So what's the trick, or am I just over thinking this? I see the fish attractors out on lakes like Overcup and Cargile, but nothing I throw near them works. Is it literally sitting on top of the brush and dropping in the jigs or minnows? Those can't be 10' deep if they're exposed above the water, can they?"

I would respond to his question by suggesting that he invest in a depth finder. Since one is available here, I think he would be a great candidate for it.

Here is a link to his thread
    Another newbie question: finding the fish without electronics.
    Last edited by Cmj; 11-23-2014 at 11:16 PM.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great.

Here is the link for the X50 manual in pdf.

http://www.lowrance.com/Root/Lowranc...431_032106.pdf
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

great deal canepole
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Just got my first boat about 6 months ago. Didn't have any electronics on it, bought it used. I go to TABLE ROCK all the time. Trying ti figure out where the fish are. I don't have any idea as to how deep the water is or where any structure might be, but I don't give up. It's nice to be on the water and away from the rat race.

Someone is going to be a very happy camp.........errrrr fisherman when they get that deal.
    Bad day of fishing better than a very good day at work

Randy

Post Thanks / Like

Giving is a fantastic mindset to be in. Whenever i switch out rods, reels or just going through tackle i don't use anymore my thought is to always set it aside and tune it or clean it and try to find anyone who would like to try fishing but just doesn't have the budget for the gear. For me and my fishing situation i have a small handheld unit that is good at giving a depth and it kinda shows fish but can just as easily be weeds. Its a nice compact unit that takes double A's made by hawkeye. I usually research depth charts and look for where structure is based on that depth contour then try to locate it by looking at the shoreline and depth but it is mostly a try, try again approach. I like the portable because it is easy to transfer from my 15 foot aluminum boat to my kayak. Though i have to go slow in the boat for it to properly show depth, it does however shoot through the hull but it does not register fish/weeds unless the weeds are very thick.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go sir!
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast