Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's Glen?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How's Glen?

Anybody been out to Glen Elder lately? I read reports of ice in the river arms so I would think those fat crappie would be moving up in the causeway tree piles? Anyone been fishing out there?

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering this also. I was thinking about heading there next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Well went or there today an the causeway was all ice 2-4" thick. There was another boat that went west on the river channel and broke through the ice to get to good hunting grounds. I started to drive through the ice to where the river channels met but got about 25 feet in and wimped out...I don't know the limitations of my boat when driving through ice lol. I loaded the boat back up and went to the marina to do some fishing off the docks...that was also a fail lol. Spoke with a few of the locals and they said the crappie have been boring vertu good lately but whites and whipers were going good. Only saw two boats on the water today. I was hoping for the original forecast of 8 mph winds but that was asking too much because winds were 15+ mph. Wasn't a very productive day but spending time checking out a league you sent very familiar with is always fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Jordy been wondering what kind of conditions that were current there.
    Likes jordy1380 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I was up that way to pick up my boat on Friday and got two reports and neither were good. Said Fall season was not good at all except for Catfish. I may go up Wednesday if the forecast holds up.
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like she's gonna be pretty breezy on Wednesday. Thanksgiving day and Sunday look better at this point. Don't think I'll be able to pull of the Thanksgiving Day thing!!
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown
    Likes jordy1380 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm kinda wishing I would've waited a week top head down there lol think I would've had better luck this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta go when you "can" go.
    Likes jordy1380, springhillwantabe LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody check out the ice out at Glen yet?

Post Thanks / Like

I checked ice on some smaller bodies of water in central kansas and got consistent 3 in. Which is to thin for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast