Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone been to Tarpon Lately?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone been to Tarpon Lately?

Hello,

I was posting a little last winter though been busy with bass tournaments but now that it's colder and the season over it's time to set my sights back on my roots.

I live in Clearwater so Tarpon is my home lake, this year I plan to fish it a lot more since my daughter is 3 so getting old enough to enjoy it more.

I'm planning to go out Saturday weather permitting and was just wondering if anyone had any advice?

I figure I'll launch at Anderson and head to the pasture point area? I was fishing swim baits a couple weeks ago for bass and swear I saw some stuff on my finder that looked like it could be crappie schooled up on the west side north of Salmon Bay. Anyone ever try that side?

Is it to early to look for them in the weeds or should I just stick to drifting the deeper water with minnows at as many depths as we can put out till we find them?

Thanks,

Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

fished out of John Chestnut park yesterday, Mon the 24th. my grandson and I fished 10-noon and caught 13 crappie 10-12 inch. one 3lb bass. long lining at about 1.20 mph with the wind (sw10-15). did long controlled drifts through deep open water. caught most in 11-13 fow on
    beetle spins, brass blade, jigs char/blue mylar. water temp 68. air temp 80. hope this helps some