Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best rain suit

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best rain suit

I am in the market for a good rain suit that will actually keep me dry. I have an FLW one that I paid 100 dollars for but it has always soaked through. What do you folks recommend for a good dry rain suit.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 11-21-2014 at 04:33 AM.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

On the cheap, I'd go with Frogg Toggs. Just buy them a size larger than you think you wear. That also helps when you use them over Winter clothing.

I have a Walls Chiller Killer snowmobile suit that I wear for cold weather fishing. I was busting across the lake, several years ago, in mid 30deg weather ... and the wind was coming right through the snowmobile suit. I put on my Frogg Toggs, over the suit ... and stayed toasty warm for the rest of the run.
    I've fished in rain & sleet with my FT's on, and stayed dry and warm (and not gotten sweaty, like with PVC suits). At around $20 per piece (jacket/pants) I can afford to replace any piece that gets worn out.

Can't help you on experience with any of the "high dollar" rain suits.

... cp
    Likes TurboDan, don3778, dfar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Anything with Gore Tex is good, there are other materials similar to GT but I can't speak for those. I've worn GT for years, even on a 2 day ride from TN to FL in the rain on a motorcycle, and stayed dry and warm. GT does not have any insulating properties, but will block the wind and water. You can get suits for ~$200 (jacket & pants), sometimes less when on sale.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.
    Likes Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I found a ski suit in a consignment shop. It's great I fished yesterday in 20 degree weather, hands were cold from knocking ice off rod tips, but made a 10 mile run and comfortable the whole way.

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The wife and I use the Pro Qualifier suits from BPS. They are pricey but they work good against rain and wind. They also sell a higher priced one called the 200 MPH suit but we did not try them. We also got the zip in liner for the suits and they are also rain and wind proof. In cold weather we wear the whole set up. Works great.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us
    Likes yikess, Gobob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the BPS's 200 MPH suit, it works great, dry and warm as toast

Post Thanks / Like

Gore Tex--if you got the bucks. I call my Gore Tex my Wheelhouse. Frogg Toggs if you don't have the $$.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both actually and if winter I use my GT, but if not freezing out the Frogs are really great! Also as stated the GT is high end stuff!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

cabelas has their guidewear on sale right now. I like it better than BPS 100 mph suits mostly cause the fit is much better.

Post Thanks / Like

Columbia Omni Heat.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.
    Likes short grub LIKED above post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast