Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cane Pole

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cane Pole

Hey Cane Pole I just missed you in the chat room. Looks like you had a good chat with yourself! I'll be hanging around there for a while so if you're still bored come on back. Don't know if it will help you're boredom or not but we can be bored together.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jerry:

How did your fishing trip go today? What where the crappie doing? Where they tight to the brush piles and hard to get to bite or where they hungry this afternoon? Looked like the winds were calm but I don't know if it was sunny where you were or not. Did you have a bright bluebird day with lots of sunshine or was it overcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Hey Cane Pole I just missed you in the chat room. Looks like you had a good chat with yourself! I'll be hanging around there for a while so if you're still bored come on back. Don't know if it will help you're boredom or not but we can be bored together.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Moose:

Bluebird skies, light east wind, pressure rising to 30.59 , surface temps from 43 to 46 and the little critters had the lockjaw. Fished from about 11:30 to 3:30 for two crappie, two bream and three green carp.

Going after them all day tomorrow.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I am still snowed in here. But it may be getting warmer this weekend. May get up into the 60's but they say it may rain too.

I am about ready to sneak out of this house and wet a line somewhere. Even if I have to walk to the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Hey Moose:

Bluebird skies, light east wind, pressure rising to 30.59 , surface temps from 43 to 46 and the little critters had the lockjaw. Fished from about 11:30 to 3:30 for two crappie, two bream and three green carp.

Going after them all day tomorrow.
    Regards,

Moose1am

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Jerry'
    my maiden voyage was a bust. I guess 5 years of rest did a number on my carb. It purrs like a kitten in low speed and idle but just won't kick in for top speed. I had a few good spurts of full power but the high speed orifice has some gunk on it I guess. the humminbird only read the bottom sporadicly so I had no eyes under the boat. I spent the afternoon riding around waiting for the trash to blow out so I could see how the boat handled. When I left the lake I stopped buy the boat repair shop. $110 bucks plus parts if needed to clean up the carb or put a kit in it. Not me. I will do it myself. I ordered the kit when I got home and put my eagle Dfinder on and took the transponder from the humminbird off since I think the transponder is the problem. All the funtions worked but no graph at times. So 2 crappie were nice. I didn't even open the rod box. The water temp is still in the 50s here.

Moose,> just hook up the boat to a 4wheeler and drag it along. That is if you have one. My son ask me to get him one for Christmas. I told him I had wanted one long before he even thought of wanting one and since I don't have one yet he need not expect one.

I am going to give it another try tuesday. The bluebird sky, calm stained water, and near 60 temp are calling me back. I will just go 17mph between spots.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson