Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Terrova

Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrova

I just order a new Terrova from Cabelas. I want to try what you guys are saying is so good! I believe it will help me spider rigging and longlining. However, I am keeping my cable motor for a while. Cabelas and everyone has the same prices on the Terrova. Cabelas didn't charge shipping or tax so I bit the bullet and ordered it. Actually they charged $14 for the oversized item. Bas Pro was going to charge $75 for oversized and taxes.

EDIT: Sorry, meant to put this on main forum.

Post Thanks / Like

I used a cable TM for 30 years. First time I tried using the foot control on one of these electric steer motors I thought it was useless because it was so slow. Then.....I fished with a guy who had the Terrrova I-Pilot with the hand held remote and I was sold. I ordered one and got the additional foot control pedal just to be safe. I used the foot pedal one time, put it in a carry bag and it has not been out in two years. Once you learn to use the remote ( I keep mine around my neck) you will never want to use the foot pedal again. There is just no comparison between a cable drive and an electric steer foot pedal. The cable is so much faster you go crazy waiting for the motor to move, but once you get used to using the remote, I don't think you will regret your purchase nor will you use the foot pedal, if you even got one.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thread moved
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I use the foot pedal on my Terrova a lot, more than the remote but I keep the remote around my neck in case I'm not near the foot pedal. For SR, the foot pedal could be more convenient as it will keep your hands free IMO.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy claims the Terrova I bought doesn't have the "Digitally controlled AutoPilot" because I didn't get the I-Link model. I got the 80 model for $1509. I didn't get that "I Link" one because I use Lowrance instead of Hummingbird. Any one use the "Digitally controlled AutoPilot"? Will I be missing something good by not getting it?

Post Thanks / Like

Push the N button and hold it till the circle goes away and you will be fine. There are 2 different Auto Pilot setting on both the regular Ipilot and the I link.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    Push the N button and hold it till the circle goes away and you will be fine. There are 2 different Auto Pilot setting on both the regular Ipilot and the I link.
    What he said
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    And to be honest about it I liked the auto pilot on the Ipilot better than I do on my Link.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the purchase. Let us know how you like it, and how you get use to it.
    Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Post Thanks / Like

What's the difference between the "digital" version and "non-digital" version ??
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.