Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looks like fishing from my boat will be on hold until next year!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looks like fishing from my boat will be on hold until next year!

Last time I fished was a week ago and the weather was tolerable - 50 degrees, sunny with an 8 mph breeze and water temp in the mid to upper 40's. Crappie struck lures though sluggishly and solo catches were far apart.
    Yesterday the air temp was below freezing with the wind averaging 20 mph or more and wind chill in the teens. I'm too old to brave those conditions and though I might fish off shore on nice days up until the first week in Dec., will probably wait until I'm bored out of my mind to hit the hard water.

Post Thanks / Like

Sad days indeed for we fishermen in the northeast. Last Sunday I put my boat away for the winter as well. Now we have to impatiently wait for March! You folks down south are really quite fortunate.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

If it would ease your mind any, you are welcome to send your boats south to me and I will keep em in great running order and make sure they do not forget how to fish. I would send pictures of her having great fun enjoying the warm weather. Just wanted to extend some Southern Hospitality to our Yankee friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I do agree. But this summer when y'all were killing the fish, we couldn't catch fish due to hot weather and water. That said, y'all be safe stay warm the fish will b there n march.

Post Thanks / Like

How about if we in northern Il send u all just a little cool weather, after all norm weather is low 40 this time of year and we have not been above freezing in about 4 days now, going on five. Do see it warming up by friday maybe, with freezing rain in early morning then going to 50 more rain. Oh well there's always next year? The one good to all this weather bit is my relatives just north & east of Dallas TX got snow ha ha I just had to call them to congratulate them on their new snow even if it was only one inch or so.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    If it would ease your mind any, you are welcome to send your boats south to me and I will keep em in great running order and make sure they do not forget how to fish. I would send pictures of her having great fun enjoying the warm weather. Just wanted to extend some Southern Hospitality to our Yankee friends.
    Now that's just plain mean!! lol

Hey, at least we didn't get the 70 inches of snow, stranding 1000 people in Buffalo,NY. Our low average daily temperatures will probably set a new record for the coldest temperatures recorded in Nov. Now they're calling for a longer winter with more snow than last year. Maybe it's time to visit the other hemisphere where spring is just beginning. They got crappie down there?

Post Thanks / Like

All kidding aside, I really feel for you guys. Heat is uncomfortable but that cold is painfull and just down right miserable. Hope everyone fairs well and stay warm.

Post Thanks / Like

Shame you guys up there are getting it as bad as it is, but we are not use to this stuff yall are sending down here either, LOL! I mean last winter we got snow 4 times and that is usually what we would get in 40 to 80 years, now already getting temps in the 20's for lows and this is just too early for that!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

When I was stationed in northern Texas, I remember quite well the cold winter mornings and ice storms back in the 70's. But I also remember many consecutive summer days in the upper 90's, sometimes hitting 100! You can keep that! Too bad I didn't know what a crappie was back then much less a small mouth bass, but I'll never forget my first 3' alligator gar!!!
    Likes skiptomylu LIKED above post