Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doing 50-50 colors new way for some of you guys.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Doing 50-50 colors new way for some of you guys.

We decided to do some 50-50 stuff with our new bait crappie bug we were using a small plastic syringe to do Of the cavities and putting it back together and shooting your second color. if you do use is not that be careful take your time and do not apply a lot of pressure to the plastic syringe and it will work out just fine but if you do apply to much pressure they will explode I only recommend this to experience guys in plastics there are many of us that do use this method some of us are very well known such is micro spoons is where I learned this method when I bought his Jilly jig molds.One thing I was surprised about was the chartreuse and pink is the color coming through made part of the body look yellow and then you have the chartreuse tail in the picture.Yes I could have done this with a dual injector but I decided to do this method to see if it would work out on this plastic bait which I will probably use in the future here it is a lot faster for me than the dual injector maybe.

Name:  DSC_0027.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  70.7 KBName:  DSC_0031.JPG
Views: 434
Size:  23.5 KBName:  DSC_0029.JPG
Views: 406
Size:  35.9 KB

www.bobsjigs.com
    Likes liftbite56, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Speaking of being careful reminds me of a turkey years ago at Thanksgiving we were trying to inject with hot liquids. The syringe exploded and shot juice all over me, the walls and ceiling! So yeah, be very careful.

Post Thanks / Like

I gave up on that practice a long time ago. After re-decorating the kitchen in purple plastic I threw the remaining temptations in the trash. Boy did I get some burns from that episode. I'll stick with my spoon.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

yes guys you have to be very careful that's why I stated that you better have some experience behind you before you even attempted and that should be a warning to all beginners be extremely careful using plastic syringes it would be better if you can get the old fashion metal syringe at the used to use years ago it's a wonder they don't make a small syringe for this type of work we will keep an eye out for metal once maybe I'll search the Internet to see what I come up with I believe Rick started out with a injector was small on the end if he would it downsize that to like a regular small syringe and a guy can do his fine detail work.

www.bobsjigs.com

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What about something like this? Cut the needle off maybe an 1" below the threaded nozzle.

Meat Injector Kit - Traeger Online Store

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if it will work or not but some of the farm supply stores have stainless steel syringes....they have a glass tube insert......the glass is probably pyrex because they are made to disassemble and boil to sterilize. They are pricey though.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrNip View Post
    What about something like this? Cut the needle off maybe an 1" below the threaded nozzle.

You'd maybe have to get a high temp ring for the seal on the rod but I bet it would work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrNip View Post

I think you got something there but I see that the needle and as a bunch of holes so I would probably cut that off so you only have the needle and good going buddy.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Don't know if it will work or not but some of the farm supply stores have stainless steel syringes....they have a glass tube insert......the glass is probably pyrex because they are made to disassemble and boil to sterilize. They are pricey though.
    G they do have them locally at the feed store but they are little bit spindly not too bad but they didn't have an all metal one last time I looked they had glass which would probably work longer was high temper.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking baits

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast