Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: River Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default River Fishing

I think I have a decent handle on finding crappie, through the seasons, on most lakes & reservoir systems here in the northeast, but I've never been able to find them in the main river system (Ct. River in MA).

Does anyone have a link to any articles/sites which could enlighten me? Right now, I mainly fish the oxbows off the river, but there must be some crappie in the main river (a large, mature river system running from Canada south, dividing NH & VT....passing through MA and CT....ending in the ocean there). Love to expand my range of fishing, but I just don't know where to even begin. Thanks!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Id be interested too since a river is my main place to fish. Ive been told and read about a few good spots, mostly dead end channel areas that are supposed tqo be great in thespring. Guess ill find out next year.
    Likes avmt_88 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I fish in the river most of the time ( I live on it ) I fish the brake of the bank with rods on shore side shallow and deeper on channel side. Bends with bars, and where creeks and oxbows meet the main river channel are best. Some parts have good brush over hang hold fish. don`t fish the bear banks until spring spawn when there all moving to the shallows.