Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matzuo Sickle Hooks????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Matzuo Sickle Hooks????

Anybody use any jig heads with this hook in them? Do you like them? What size sickle hook do you like the most in a 16th oz. weight or a 32nd oz. weight? Any idea where I can get some, in 16th oz. and 32nd oz.?
    Kevin Taylor
    20XD Bullet

Post Thanks / Like

I have been makeing them in 1/16 and 1/32 I use #4 in the 1/16 and #6 in the 1/32. I will never use another hook. they are the sharpest I have found and I love the hook set you get with the sickle hooks

Post Thanks / Like

I have been tying jig with Sickle hooks for months now and I like them. I have #8, #6 & #4 in size.

They are not a good company to deal with however.

Take a look at my web site.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Nothin like the sickle hooks....they are bad a$$ i have had the barb go completely through the roof of the mouth and come out on the outside.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I've been pouring them for almost a year now and while I like the hook, the company itself is a real pain to deal with.

Unfortunately the only other hook that comes close is a VMC Barbarian, but I don't think they make them in the smaller sizes.

Great hook. Terrible company.

And one of the problems I've had is that when I ordered a bunch (I mean a bunch) of #6 hooks, they all had different lenghts between the bend and the eyelet. So they don't fit in all of my molds even with modifying some of the molds. I was greatly disappointed as that's part of my schtick that I pour most size heads with different size hooks and I can't do it with this bunch of #6 hooks. And some of my customers aren't too happy either.
    <--Click for Website

Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed some that do not have the bend at the eye, but I use them for my special spoons:D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the relies fellers!

Any suggestions on where to buy them, since the company is a pain to deal with? I'd like to buy about 20-30 each round head in 16th with #4 hook, and 32nd with #6 hook, to try out and see if I like them. If I like them, I will more than likely buy them in more of a bulk pack, 50 to a 100 or so.

skiptomylu, sent you a PM about some jigs. :D
    Kevin Taylor
    20XD Bullet

Post Thanks / Like

Default hooks

They are scarey sharp. Got mine from Cabela's. For some reason I have hooked most the fish just in front of the eye...sometimes in the eye. They bend so you can get them out of brush. The barb is smallish so you can release easier also.
    PieEye
    "You can't fish with a landing net in both hands, you need one hand to put something back !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by racerkvn
    Thanks for the relies fellers!

Any suggestions on where to buy them, since the company is a pain to deal with? I'd like to buy about 20-30 each round head in 16th with #4 hook, and 32nd with #6 hook, to try out and see if I like them. If I like them, I will more than likely buy them in more of a bulk pack, 50 to a 100 or so.

skiptomylu, sent you a PM about some jigs. :D

you have a pm

Post Thanks / Like

Keith received my jig heads yesterday, Man, they look great!!! Can't wait to catch of Crappie on them this weekend!! If I can find them! :D
    Kevin Taylor
    20XD Bullet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast