Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tracker Pro Guide Deep V175 vs Tracker Pro 175 TF (Crappie)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tracker Pro Guide Deep V175 vs Tracker Pro 175 TF (Crappie)

I have narrowed it down to these two boats (Tracker Pro Guide Deep V175 vs Tracker Pro 175 TF Crappie) mostly because of best costs in each of their categories and I like the way both are laid out. The deep V (with full window) costs about $3-4000 more but would be great on more windy days on KY Lake and when the wife goes with me occasionally. I only fish KY LK 2-3 times each year where the wind is most wicked. Mostly fish Percy Priest Lake and Old Hickory Lake near Nashville. I will be putting a Terrova on the boat I pick. The Deep V also seems like it would be best for ling lining. I straight line single pole fish some but mostly spider rig and long line trolling. Have starting doing more long lining this past year. If the extra money wasn't a factor, which one would be best in your opinion? Just trying to get more pro and con opinions from experienced people before making my decision. I have researched a lot and it is a hard decision.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Never had either one but have had similar to the pro crappie. If it was me after fishing out of a couple and was doing more pulling than pushing I would opt for the DeepV. I really like being down in the boat and all the room in the rear of boat to maneuver. Pus the ride in rough water. You do sacrifice some with the way they catch the wind with the high sides.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    You do sacrifice some with the way they catch the wind with the high sides.
    Boats don't necessarily have to have high sides to be easily blown around in the wind. Flat bottoms on boats are as bad as high sided boats, as far as getting blown around. The deeper the hull sets in the water, the less effect wind will have.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

The boat I currently own is a deep v with double console walk through. After owning for a couple years I would be hard pressed not to own another deepV. Comfort of ride is amazing even when wind is up and caps are on the water. Weekend wave makers affect it in no way when going from point A to point B to fish. Yes it does catch wind like a sail and it seems I need to be on the TM a little more but it is worth it. For pulling or long lining it is perfect especially with a Bimini top. I fish a lot of standing timber out of it without problem the front end just glides off the stumps. It will eat more fuel at 5500rpm but as I said the comfort of the ride is worth it. The amount of storage is amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 worries about deep V but I think it still may be worth it. First worry is that I do love crappie fishing but I also still do some bass fishing. I am a bit worried about the deep V and bass fishing. Any experience with this? Second worry is the high sides and the wind especially with the lighter tracker boat. A buddy had an older one (2000) and said he can't stay on brush piles if there is any wind. He thinks newer ones are better but wasn't sure. Thoughts? Third worry is around the windshield. If I am going to get a deep V then I want the full windshield for the improved ride. However, I bet it will be hard to deal with rods and tackle in the small front area when spider rigging up front. Any one have any experience with these 3 areas? Also, if you are in the Nashville area, I sure would supply the gas to be able to ride in your deep V 175 or the pro tracker 175 crappie boat. It would help me make a better decision. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I'll never again have a boat without a full tall windsheild. I fish with a guy that has a Lund 1875 Pro-V. Cannot handle rods much over 7' in locker. Cannot get into all areas I like to fish but great ride, Outstanding with rough weather/water. That big walk thru windshield is cumbersome for fishing, but you learn to deal with it. We do a lot of back trolling and have 6-8 rods fishing from the bow 2-3 guys and rarely have problems. 3 up front fighting fish does become an issue. When its just 2, there is enough room.

Keeping things neat and organized is a must but there are tricks that make it easy to keep your stuff within easy reach.

Post Thanks / Like

Deep v would be my choice. I own one and get into the same areas as the others. It doesn't draft any more water. Plus, you can fish in waters that others cannot

Post Thanks / Like

I've owned a deep V for a few years and previously always had glass boats. If I could go back to glass, I would in a heartbeat. The high sides on this boat make the whole thing like a kite. You know the worst thing about a kite? You can't make it go where you want!! For example I can bring the nose of the boat up to a brushpile with no problem, but the wind can take the back of the boat completely around the nose!

I bought this because I had younger grandkids and was more concerned with their safety than my fishing ability, but I'd rather go sit on a bank with them than try to hold this boat in wind

Post Thanks / Like

What year was your deep V? That is a silimar story that my buddy told except his boat was a 2000 model. He said they are much better in the new tracker design than his old one. Maybe someone will know whether that is true or not.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the traditional design Tracker with the front and read decks like most Bass Boat layouts. I did not consider as I got older and my friends got older it was a chore climbing up and down the decks as opposed to sitting at floor level. One of my friend was in a car wreck and messed up one of his legs. Every time he climbs up on the back deck I am afraid he is going to fall overboard. Also my Grandkids won't sit in the pedestal seats, even though they are excellent swimmers they are not comfortable on the pedestal.
    So if I had it to do over I would get a deep V or more preferably a "Walleye" style boat that does not have raised decks. Also with the new Terrovas with I-Pilot you can compensate somewhat for the wind with the GPS and the anchor lock. If you head into the wind and set the anchor lock it should hold you fairly straight. You will drift off and back on target as it takes the GPS a second to realize you have drifted off the set point, but it is a heck of a lot better than trying to hold it with a manual motor and fight and net a fish at the same time.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Likes theygotaeat LIKED above post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast