Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Paradise Point Smithville MO 11/08

Post Thanks / Like

Default Paradise Point Smithville MO 11/08

Headed down to the lake yesterday late morning early afternoon. Fished White and Chartreuse Slab Buster on 1/8th oz. hot pink jig. G-Loomis GL II 6ft. 4lb Berkley Sensation Line. Crushed them! At one point I was catching fish every time I introduced the jig to the water. Down deep just off the bottom. Very light takes sometime I couldn't even feel the take just watched the line for movement. Didn't take me long to figure out the game. Odd line movement quick set the hook. Fish on. Caught probably 30 fish maybe 10 keepers the rest about 8". I only keep fish on Thursdays as my wife is home on the weekend and she hates fish and everything about them!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice !
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ICEMANXXXV View Post
    Headed down to the lake yesterday late morning early afternoon. Fished White and Chartreuse Slab Buster on 1/8th oz. hot pink jig. G-Loomis GL II 6ft. 4lb Berkley Sensation Line. Crushed them! At one point I was catching fish every time I introduced the jig to the water. Down deep just off the bottom. Very light takes sometime I couldn't even feel the take just watched the line for movement. Didn't take me long to figure out the game. Odd line movement quick set the hook. Fish on. Caught probably 30 fish maybe 10 keepers the rest about 8". I only keep fish on Thursdays as my wife is home on the weekend and she hates fish and everything about them!
    I was there today fishing from a boat- went home with 15 keepers using minnows and pitching slip bobber rigs. Caught about 30 or so shorts. Mine were about 6-10 feet deep. Iceman- when you were fishing off the bottom- how deep were you? Where I was around the slips, it was 25 deep or so,and I didn't come close to dropping all the way to the bottom. I didn't catch any big ones, that's for sure, but it was fun anyway-I haven't fished marina docks much, but the action was pretty steady up until 2-3 o'clock, when it went dead on me.

Post Thanks / Like

I got clued into a brush pile by a couple of regulars down there. Fish were holding right on the pile. I have caught a bunch of fish 4 to 6 feet deep at the marina but these were on the pile deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice reports.
    Congrats

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ICEMANXXXV View Post
    I got clued into a brush pile by a couple of regulars down there. Fish were holding right on the pile. I have caught a bunch of fish 4 to 6 feet deep at the marina but these were on the pile deep.
    That makes sense- I fish the same way over brush piles at Mozingo. One trick I use to gauge depth of my jig drops is to tie embroidery thread on my line at 10' and another color at 20'. I use braid, so it stays at the location well even when reeling (spinning reel) as long as I do several wraps with my overhand knots-sort of the same way people tie bobber-stop knots. But- I did splurge last year and get a Diawa Accudepth baitcaster that gives me a digital read for the amount of line I have out.