Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: souhern rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default souhern rods

Anybody use them? Sold my west point spider rig setup a while ago and looking to replace with something. Thinking about a rod that will double as a spider rig and a pulling setup. Any pros or cons?

Post Thanks / Like

u talking about southern crappie rods,bought some last week ,hope to get to try them out next weekend

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

BnM Pro Staff are the best all round poles for pulling and spider ring on the market!

Monk

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Own a set of them in 14. Best rod's I have owned. Just right action and tough as nails.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Cray it was good to meet you at the fruit jar. I've never fished the BnM pro staff. I've got the 14' Ozarks and really like them. If you haven't used the Ozarks we can do a little swap out and give a comparison the next time we meet up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monkscrappie View Post
    BnM Pro Staff are the best all round poles for pulling and spider ring on the market!

Monk
    So you've tried em all and this is your review or this is what you sell and this in your review.

Southern crappie rods are very nice and will do exacting what you are looking for, will have a set of 16 footers before spring. As far as being the best, not sure about that but are the best I've used.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    Hey Cray it was good to meet you at the fruit jar. I've never fished the BnM pro staff. I've got the 14' Ozarks and really like them. If you haven't used the Ozarks we can do a little swap out and give a comparison the next time we meet up.
    Hey, it was great to meet you also. Might just take you up on that. I have never fished the Ozarks. But them SouthernCrappie rods sure are nice to me. I really think the whole thing about what is best comes down to personal opinion mainly based on how you fish and what you like in a rod.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes strmwalker, Rees Guide LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

After seeing cray's Southern rods and his "demo" for Yikess, I was really impressed with them. I bought 4 of the 14 footers for myself and I've only used them for spider rigging so far. They're great in my book. I don't think these will have nearly the amount of tip breakage that we had with the BGJP's and, yes, it's still light enough to detect the bite on smaller fish too.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Use a bobber on a loose line and you don't worry about tip actions. ha
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Rees Guide LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Wally Marshalls, BnM Poles, Pinnacles, and Southern Crappie rods. IMO I prefer the Southern Crappie rods for an all purpose rod from pulling to spidderrigging. For jig poles I prefer BnM. For good pulling and rigging rods on a tight budget my vote goes to the pinnacle limit rods. The Wally Marshalls were not bad by any stretch, I just prefer the others....
    Hooking up every chance I get!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast