Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ice Fishing Reels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice Fishing Reels

I was looking to carry some ice fishing products.....what is the best ice reel / rod combo???? All Help is appreiciated
    Thanks
    Alan

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like the tica cetus. It is a very nice size very smooth reel. Also HT and frabill make some nice combos, and dont forget about st. croix they make some of the most popular rods.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Berkley "Lightning Rod Ice" Rod/Reel Combos and Shakespeare "Pro Touch" Ice Combos. Very nice rigs>>>Len

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using quantum ultralights and size 10 spinning reels for the last 15 years and will continue to do so as long as they are available. They go straight from my crappie rods in the summer to my ice rods in the winter and back the next spring. The ones I am using right now have made it through six full years of both open water and ice fishing and are still going strong. I have recently picked up a couple of the size 10 Kinetic series and they are great. I put them on several different rods depending on the fishing situation. I have found the reels to be my most important item. Most rods will do the trick whereas a lot of reels just will not hold up.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the input

Slab is this the one you speak of.....http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...etic&noImage=0

I personally use Quantum...great quailty and last a long time.

My favorite rods are Berkley picked up a few Series ones this year...all I can say is Wow I love them. Also picked up the Berkley Salmon rod very impressive. It seems all of a sudden rods went from 20-50 bucks to 100-300...to me that seems a little crazy. Berkley does make a great product.

Now St. croix is another nice rod I have used their Muskey rod for 15 years. Their Legend ice rod is on my Chirstmas list...HOPE Santa brings it.

Thank You Gents for your Help
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THE FISHERMANS EDGE
    Thank you for the input

Slab is this the one you speak of.....http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...etic&noImage=0

I personally use Quantum...great quailty and last a long time.

My favorite rods are Berkley picked up a few Series ones this year...all I can say is Wow I love them. Also picked up the Berkley Salmon rod very impressive. It seems all of a sudden rods went from 20-50 bucks to 100-300...to me that seems a little crazy. Berkley does make a great product.

Now St. croix is another nice rod I have used their Muskey rod for 15 years. Their Legend ice rod is on my Chirstmas list...HOPE Santa brings it.

Thank You Gents for your Help
    Alan

That is exactly the one. It is very smooth and handles the cold real well
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D