Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: trolling motor handles

Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling motor handles

question, i want to go to a hand controlled trolling motor but for now until a save some more cash i am going to keep using my foot controlled one, my question is i know i want to put a angled extension on my new one but i saw something on bass pro that is no longer available its called a pro-kon-troll handle that will attach to your foot controlled motor so you can manually turn it, does anyone know who offers anything like this? also when i purchase my hand controlled who offers those extension that kid of u around so you can steer while sitting sideways. thanks
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

When you start shopping for a TM check out Minn Kota hand control models with 3X steering. They have a built in tilt and extension for the handle and the head turns three times as far as the handle so you don't have to swing the handle so far. In fact turning the handle just 60-degrees from straight forward puts the motor in straight reverse by turning the head 180-degrees.

I'm not sure where you would find the extension handle that goes on a foot controlled TM. You may be able to "Google it up" using "Trolling Motor Extension Handle" or similar key words.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks jerry!
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure when you do get your new motor to instal the foot operated power button. This will keep you from twisting the handel to get power. I have made two trips after installing mine. It sure makes a difference.
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

I just recently purchased a new trolling motor. They don't make the 3X steering in the freshwater models anymore, but you can still get it in the saltwater Riptide models. I got an 80 pound, you may not need that much, but they do make a 55. -- http://www.minnkotamotors.com/produc...=sbm_riptide3x

I can't even begin to put into words how the hand tillered TM with the 3X steering has made a difference in improving very precise boat control. It was well worth the money. I also have a foot switch spliced into the negative power lead of the TM so that I can just set the speed, control direction by hand and when I want to go, just step on the button -- http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults. That prevents you from constantly twisting on and twisting off with the handle. The handle does have about 3 positions of tilt upward and multiple positions you can extend or shorten it.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Minn Kota. It's not the 3X like the pros have. Wish it was. but it does have varibale speed on it.

Just get the one like Jerry and Darryl. They know how to do it!

Did find that handle at Bass pro.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...varAID=froogle

Looks like they still have them. Maybe Santa will get you one.
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling motor

I remember reading somewhere on Cane Poles post that he built a hand control to bolt on his foot control pedal---looked like it would work good
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER