Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Pro Tracker 175 Crappie Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2015 Pro Tracker 175 Crappie Question

I am trying to decide if I should redo my current boat or go ahead and trade for a new one. I was thinking of buying a 2015 Pro Tracker Crappie with a 75 Elpt 4 stroke at Bass Pro. Affording the boat isn't the big problem. Biggest problem is that I have never rode in one. I wanted to test drive one but I can't do it without paying $400 for 4 hours. Bass Pro doesn't just take you to the lake to try it out. Is there anyone on the board that has this same boat? What are the pros and cons to it. I am coming from a glass boat. I want to get something smaller and easier to pull and smoother running than my 2 stroke. I am doing a lot of crappie fishing these days vs bass fishing so I want the smooth running 4 stroke vs my big old loud 2 stroke motor. Anyone have experience with this boat?

Post Thanks / Like

My fishing buddy has one, no problems so far, I have a 03 targa 18.5, Bought it new, love it, Having to recarpet it now, only problem I've had.

Post Thanks / Like

We had a boat sink on Grenada in the MCC Tourney and the comment was "another 175 had sunk". they don't take ruff water good at all, and know of several that have taken over the back of them at ramps and such. Partner has a Tracker in the Tournament 190 and its a whole different animal.
    Call BRM in West Memphis and take a ride in one of his rigs, bet he will carry you out without you paying 100 bucks and hour.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Tracker 175 TXW and love it. And it knows big water such as Toledo Bend, which is huge. Oh course I know it's limitations and I respect that lake a great deal. I'll never go back to a two stroke.
    Randy Andres
    Likes RMGeorge, 1kwikstik LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker123 View Post
    I have a Tracker 175 TXW and love it. And it knows big water such as Toledo Bend, which is huge. Oh course I know it's limitations and I respect that lake a great deal. I'll never go back to a two stroke.
    Randy I think the lack of respect caused the incident on Grenada.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

the 175 crappie boat is narrow but the 175txw is wide as tracker has mention,i have one of the 175 txw and they take waves good as expected and love the 4 stroke
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard the wind was really, really bad that day
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Four strokes are great....I am on my second Yamaha four stroke
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I have a tracker 175 crappie model with merc 60 4 stroke. It handles lake martin al. well. A lot better than my old 1550 pro bass lol

Post Thanks / Like

I would pay for the test drive. You may have this boat 10 yrs. so be a wise shopper. Take it out on a day of, at least, 15 mph wind. That's the limit for me crappie fishing. Any more and I stay at home. But don't forget you could get caught in a sudden storm.

Unless Mercury is making a lighter 4 stroke, or the boat is a deep V, I would definitely test drive that boat.

I've used a PT 185 for 10 years. Modified V. 60 hp 4 stroke. Mercury. I've never been terrified in a storm but I fish a lake not especially noted for high waves (Lake Cumberland).

Take a gps and see how fast it idles (for trolling). Notice the tach at high speed.

Mine trolls at 2-3 mph and top speed 30 plus mph. Thats a fast as I want to go in rough water, but I wish it trolled a bit slower (for walleye).

I'm a four stroke lover forever. There is nothing like them, but they used to be heavier than a 2 stroke. I personally wouldn't want any more than a 60 hp. When you test it out, back troll with it to see if water rushes in the back. And see if you get wet when running with the wind and against the wind.

good luck
    fair weather
    Likes Rees Guide, Cmj LIKED above post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast