Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: PayPal?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PayPal?

Could someone explain to me how paypal works? Ebay has some books listed I am interested in and I'm not sure how all that works. Thanks
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Could someone explain to me how paypal works? Ebay has some books listed I am interested in and I'm not sure how all that works. Thanks
    Paypal pays your bill with your credit card ,but dosn't give the person access to your credit card information. They (Paypal) can send the payment directly to the other persons account . You have to sign up to be able to use it .I shop E-Bay a little and it is the best way for me to buy . I have never had a problem .If I can help anymore just ask .... GOOD LUCK
    Fish all you can, You can work anytime !!!! Big Mike :cool:

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

when I shop on e-bay I use pay-pal and have to taken directly from my checking account, but I can have it billed to a credit card if I want.

duane
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Ebay have some issues with PayPal? I seem to remember a period of time that some users stopped accepting PayPal. Can't say good or bad either way, as I've never used it.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use paypal alot. Until one day my bank called and said there was someone trying to debit my account $2700, I told them no way,they stopped payment. It was from paypal. I then contacted my credit card company and asked them if anything had transacted in the last few days. They said adebit of $1200 was processed the day before and had just recieved a request for a debit $1800 this day. They put a stop on all transactions. I contacted Paypal and told them the problem. After several additional calls and emails they finally referred me to thier Investgation department. I provided them with all the information from the bank and credit card company. I even had the email address of the person who they said I owed the money to. Several attempts later never, never ever heard a word from them!!!!! I heard later that there was a class action suit against them. Don't know for sure but would like to know. My opinion they are a bunch of crooks!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

About a year and a half ago I had signed up with "PayPal" but a friend advised me that there was a black mark on their reputation with regard to missing money from member's bank accts. and was traceable to that company. Fortunately, I hadn't made a transaction at that point and never did. I closed the account and hoped no one had copied the card number. So far, so good.

Post Thanks / Like

Default NASCAR drivers need to ditch the mirrored glasses

Ebay bought PayPal in a 1.3 billion stock deal. I have made 60+ purchases on Ebay using PayPal with no problem.
    There is no fee if you are a buyer.
    Sellers pay a fee for the use of PayPal and Ebay.
    PayPal prefers to debit a bank account rather than use your credit. The reason being that the seller then has to pay a credit card transaction fee in addition to an Ebay fee and PayPal fee. Some sellers will not accept credit cards through Ebay because of that.
    PayPal is the vehicle that allows Ebay to sell merchandise quickly without purchasers having to give their card number to every seller. The seller has no access to your card and account numbers.
    Now there was a scam going around where some account names and addresses from Ebay and Amazon were obtained by scammers. They sent and email that looked as if it came from the merchant. The email contained a link for the customer to click on to update their information. That link went to the scammers.
    That is tatamount to someone calling you at home, saying they are from your bank and want you to give them your account number so they can verify it. Even NC ridgerunners know better.
    Bottom line, there are now many internet shopping sites that are secure. Make sure your transactions are encrypted ( most email is not). In daily transactions don't use businesses that still print your complete credit card number on the receipt.
    My daddy told me to look a man in the eye when I conducted business. That is not possible in the electronic age, but if we meet face to face you need to pull the mirror sunglasses off when you talk to me. As far as I am concerned that goes for NASCAR drivers speaking into a TV camera also. It is an insult to the audience not to look them in the eye.

Post Thanks / Like

howdy;
    go to www.paypal.com/settelment/ thats where they settled a class action law suit agenst them. lol tarfu.